Sunday, December 18, 2022

Sewing Stockings

Saturday

I got up late because Chris turned my phone alarms off so I had no idea what time it was. I brushed and swished. I looked at e-mail. I made a mixture of baking soda, salt and borax for a detox bath. I fixed his suit pocket and sewed rubber backing on the computer table pocket.

I adjusted my table to see if it would go low for a 5yo. Then I looked for something small enough to be a chair. I put some items away from yesterday, I bent down to look at the jar shelf and my back glitched. I took some supplements, then Chris gave me a massage and I took a shower.

I made breakfast and ate it while reading e-mail. Then I put together my stuff for sewing class. Chris helped me carry it all out to my car. I folded up my computer table and took it. We went to the chapel to drop it off. I went home again to get the practice sheets and another iron and pressing mat when I got back, two people were there. Thinking they were alone. They followed me in. Then other people came, like Diane and Saronna and her family. I set up the little table and found the perfect size chair in the nursery. I got one 5yo started sewing on paper.

The rest of the class was a blur of activity. Thankfully Tonja came with her machines I had brought my featherweight just in case. She and Jenni helped the kids with their cutting and sewing. I went from stitcher to stitcher, instructing, encouraging, and apparently asking for a Ferarro Rochet box to replace the one I fill with sewing supplies. Saronna's husband measured it and went to the commissary and bought a locking plastic container. I was surprised because I forgot I had asked the group.

Several people took pics of the class and finished projects. They helped me clean up and carry all the things to my car. We left the irons behind to cool. Saronna wanted to go to the swap shop, so her family and the new couple followed me there.

I unlocked the door and turned on the lights. Everybody looked around and the kids pulled stuff from the shelves to play with. After awhile, Randy suggested that Saronna should go walking. So he took the kids home. I locked the shop and drove Saronna to the gym. I texted the regular walking group to see if any wanted to join in.

She and I walked for some time and then Michelle showed up. She was talkative and that was fine. At 6 the man came in to say the gym was closing. Michelle said she would call Dispatch after we left. That turned out to be after 6:30, so Saronna and I had walked at least 90 minutes. Michelle took her home while I went by the chapel to make sure it was locked. The temp was 7 degrees. But when I got home, it read 4 degrees. Brrr!

I made a salad, and ate it while going through e-mail. I downloaded photos people took at the sewing class, cropped them and posted some to Facebook. My stomach felt hard and distended. I couldn't imaging what I had eaten to cause that. I worked on my blog, then made tea. We watched several episodes of Jeannie, finishing season 2.

Chris went to bed in the livingroom and I stayed up listening to an interview. Before I went to bed, I took 4 capsules of activated charcoal. By morning, my stomach was back to normal.

No comments: