Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas Eve

Saturday

I got up around 8, having slept well and put my phone in the bathroom so it wouldn't wake Chris up. But he was already up. I brushed and swished. I read e-mail and listened to audio clips.

At 10 I got dressed and went to the dirty house with screwdrivers, a yardstick and a swish mop. I used the Phillips head to get the pet door insert out of the sliding glass door. I used the yardstick to see if anything was stuck under the lazy Susans. I used the mop to get dried up dirt off the floor. I also wiped the washer and dryer and took a pic of the dryer. I started it to see if it worked. I went upstairs to run the water and make sure the pipes weren't frozen. I also swept the bathroom and found the screw for the tub handle.

When I got home, Chris was waiting for the chaplain who wanted to borrow a rolling pin for his wife. When he came, we also gave him a loaf of braided bread. Chris gave me a massage, then took a shower. I took my shower, then made breakfast.

I went to open the swap shop for a neighbor. I found a white top. Then a man came in with some toys. I put stuff I found in bags away. I found three pairs of pants that might match Chris' suit. Altering them would be easier than patching the shredded ones I caught him wearing the other day.

Michelle came by the swap shop with the homemade deodorant I commissioned for Chris. We talked inside, then went outside and talked more. Finally I went home. I ate some fruit, read e-mail, then ate some turkey. I made a salad, and listened to a podcast on the end times I stopped it to get dressed for Christmas Eve service. Then Chris got dressed. I put a braid of bread in a gift bag and went to church.

When we got there, I gave the bag to Saronna. We chatted, then I went up front to sit. A group of three played The Christmas Song. Then the chaplain prayed, and preached a sermon on Chrismas. At the end, Saronna and I played carols from the hymn book. When it was over, we stood around talking and finally went home.

Getting out of the car, I cut my finger on the door handle. Chris put my trombone back in its spot. We changed clothes. I had to put a bandaid on my finger because it wouldn't stop bleeding. We made the bed with clean sheets.

I made tea, then we watched two episodes. I worked on my blog. I looked at e-mail till 11:30 and went to bed.

No comments: