Thursday, December 22, 2022

No more lone quotes

Wednesday

I slept well until I had to get up to answer the call of nature. Chris took a shower then went to work. I got up for good about 7:30. I watered the plants, brushed and swished, made coffee, exercised, etc. I finished with tapping and meditation about 11. Chris came home for lunch just as I started cleaning the bathrooms. He went back to work while I was cleaning the kitchen. I vacuumed and mopped.

I decided to do a detox bath. I washed the tub and took a shower. Then I ran hot water into the tub through the shower filter. But it took forever and the water cooled off as it rained down. I put the salt mixture in and dissolved it. I gave up on the shower and used the tap. But still it took a lot of water and I shut it off before it would cover all of me at once. Then I realized I had no way to time it from inside the tub. It got hot and I had to alternate putting my feet out, and putting my torso out.

After what seemed like a long time, I got out and dried off. I got dressed. I texted Michelle about going to the gym at 3. I read e-mail for a bit, then realized it was after 3. I put on my shoes and drove over there.

I was able to complete one circuit before 3:30. Michelle, Diane and I went walking on the track. I gave Michelle a solar lantern. When we were done, I went to the apartment building to see a guy's place and give him a quote for cleaning. He showed me around the apartment, which wasn't very big. He said some odd things. He showed me his underwear drawer. He invited me to sit on the bed and talk. He told me a story that ended up with bunnies going at it. I told him I had to go, and would text him know the quote later.

I went back to the gym. Michelle set up the weights for me and I did three more circuits. We talked the whole time. After even more conversation, I went home. But just as I took my coat off, Chris suggested going to get his weekly pizza and the commissary. I needed eggs, so I got in his car. He phoned in his order, then we went to get eggs. Then we stopped at the community club and waited for the pizza to finish baking. I talked to Rebecca, whom I hardly see since she got a job.

When we got home, he started eating the pizza. I finalized my Ebay order, adding a paint pen. Then I looked up a better recipe for cardamom bread. It would have been easy, but I wanted to use the whey, which was frozen. So I made a kind of double boiler with a measuring cup. It took a long time to melt. Finally it was in the bread machine and I sat down to work on my blog.

I took it out, divided it into three ropes, braided them and let them rise while the oven heated. Then I made tea and we started watching TV. I stopped to put the bread in the oven, and again later to take it out.

After Jeannie, Chris went to bed in the living room and I stayed up in the den to try to catch up on e-mail. It got late, and then I went to bed.

No comments: