Monday, December 12, 2022

Visiting with friends

Sunday

I got up after 8, and after thumbing my nose at 3 alarms. Chris was sleeping in the living room. I brushed and swished. I clipped dead leaves out of the tower garden and puttered in the kitchen until he got up. He said he was exhausted from not sleeping well due to coughing. Then I spent the morning reading a book by the Happylight while sitting against the PEMF mat.

At 11:30 I started making breakfast. Chris put a roast in the oven. He canceled his game. I finished breakfast with fruit, then washed up and got dressed. I cut up grapefruit rind and put it in the crockpot. I warmed up on trombone. I packed the seed crackers in a basket with a cloth napkin, and went to the chapel.

I was early. I put the seed crackers on the back table. The chaplain told me that he had no assistant to play the songs for the beginning of the service. I told him I would be happy to play some hymns. The lady who played piano several weeks ago came. She had four Christmas songs marked in her hymnal. So I picked two to play before the sermon. Michelle came with Mandi. We chatted for a bit until the service started.

The piano player played first and I joined in. Her playing seemed oddly hesitant for pieces that she had picked. But hey, more power to her for being willing to play in front of the congregation - small as it is.

After the hymns, the chaplain talked about gift-giving. Then the piano player and I took suggestions from the assembley. By then Saronna had arrived with her string bass. So it went really well.

I chatted with the chaplain's son after the service. Then I took my seed crackers and drove home. None of the German soldiers came so I didn't need all those crackers. It seemed really cold and windy. Michelle was close behind. She brought me some Nightquil for Chris and I gave her my bottle of desiccated liver for her anemia. Chris told me the evening game was canceled too.

I looked at e-mail, and some items on Ebay. Then I texted Johnnie, explaining that Chris was sick and asking if I could come over with goat butter. They said to come over, so I did, right after Chris got home from picking up his work laptop.

Their RV didn't have a doorbell so I knocked and she let me in. They were watching football and cheering for the red and white team. We chatted between touchdowns and passes. Brian really liked the goat butter. When it got on toward 6, they wanted to start dinner, so I left. When I got home, the roast was ready. Chris put on some quinoa to cook. I turned off the crockpot. I made a salad to go with the roast. I read e-mail for awhile. Michelle came over with a diffuser and set it up in the kitchen. I am not sure it will help Chris there.

I listened to a few political videos. I worked on my blog and drank strawberry kombucha. I moved the diffuser to the edge of the living room. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Jeannie. Chris went to sleep on the couch and I stayed up to read e-mail, then went to bed.

No comments: