Saturday, December 17, 2022

Shopping day

Friday

It was a rough night. I went to bed after midnight. Then Chris was making a lot of noise trying to breathe. I kept poking him but it didn't work this time. So I took my pillow and went in the guest room. But it was too bright, especially with the snow outside reflecting light in and the mirrored closet doors reflecting it back. I checked other rooms but they were bright too, even with the blinds down. Finally I went into the walk-in closet. It was dark and mostly quiet, just not very comfortable. Eventually his noisy breathing stopped (indicative of a lower brainwave state?) and I went back to bed and to sleep.

He got up while it was still dark. I don't know what woke him, but he woke me. I tried to go back to sleep, but finally got up about 8. I watered the plants with a dilution of hydrogen peroxide to kill the fungus gnats. I made a solution of eggshells and vinegar which will take a week or two to dissolve minerals for the plants. Then I washed up and got dressed.

After breakfast, we went to Tooele, listening to our book on tape. We shopped at Luckey's, then went to Melanie's. When I checked out, I discovered I left my wallet at home so I paid by check. Then I went to Joanns for paint pens. Same thing. I had to call the clerk to get a paint pen because they were locked in place. I guess shop-lifting is on the rise.

We shopped at Macey's for the remaining food, then drove back to Dugway. We stopped at the commissary for pomegranates before going home. We put the food away. Then I searched for sewing practice sheets online. I downloaded some and printed them out. I also printed a triskele sheet. It did not print out well and the printer insisted that the ink is almost gone. But I just put in a new cartridge a few months ago and we don't print much.

I made a salad while Chris baked fish and cooked mushrooms. I ate the fish and salad, and looked at items on ebay. Then Faye called. We talked about the real estate contract, and her broken wrist, etc.

After the call, I put food away and worked on my blog because it was 9pm. I heated tea and we watched two episodes of Jeannie. Chris went to bed on the couch, and I stayed up to look ate e-mail in the den. When I went to turn off the router, I noticed Chris was breathing quietly. Figures. I went through my bedtime routine and hit the hay.

No comments: