Thursday, December 15, 2022

The cleaning begins

Wednesday

I woke up hearing Reveille, then Chris taking a shower and getting ready for work. He went outside to dig out his car, and did mine as well. Then he came in to wake me up. I thanked him and he left.

I got up and started coffee morning, knowing I would have to pause it. I got an envelop and went over to the dirty house to sign the contract. Jamie was already there and the inspectors were not far behind. The house was a little emptier but lots of junk was left, including a table and chairs and a washer and dryer. And dirty dust bunnies the size of your fist. He wasn't ready, but he had the money and we signed the contract. Then Jamie called her son over to help the man pack the last of his things.

I went home to finish coffee morning and to clean the bathrooms and kitchen, and the rest of the house. God willing, my house will never look like that. I put the envelop with the money and the key in the desk. Chris did not come home for lunch. Jamie texted around 1 that the man was ready to leave. Later she said he left his coat, but when I checked, he did not want it. She found the washing machine was full of water. Well, he said it doesn't pump water out anymore. I should have guessed that he never emptied it.

I read some e-mail and Telegram messages. I had to reboot. I realized my watch was gone. I jotted notes for my blog. I went to the gym to walk with Diane. No one else showed up. After she left, I worked out in the weight room, trying to change out the heavy weights myself, but then had to ask for help.

After 3 circuits, I left. Since my watch was not in the car or my purse or any of the usual places at home, I figured it must be at the dirty house. So I went there from the gym.

I didn't see my watch on the counter, and the floor was a big mess. Lots of cleaning supplies left behind. I grabbed a broom and started sweeping the living room. I threw out the papers and wrappers. I picked loose change and pens and batteries from the dirt. I filled the tub with hot water and ammonia. I threw the burner bowls in there. I swept the kitchen and utility room. I scrubbed the counter top and the stove. I pulled a shelf from the fridge and scrubbed that. Tons of flies and I am not sure where they came from or what they are eating or where they are breeding.

Without my watch or phone, I didn't know what time it was. So when my back started to hurt, I left. That turned out to be 7, so about 2 hours. Chris wasn't home when I got there. I sat down to work on the next sewing project - stockings. Chris came home as I was hunting the fabric I got for them. I also spent time with a heating pad behind my back. Jamie started texting me from the dirty house. She found a desiccated rabbit under the stairs. It was probably there when he moved in.

I worked on my blog and then we watched TV. After several episodes of Jeannie, he went to bed. I stayed up to listen to episode 11 of Brave, but paused it at 11:30 to go to bed.

No comments: