Sunday, March 12, 2023

An afternoon of cleaning

Saturday

I got up before 8:30. I did the usual things to get ready. I played with my EQ software to draw the block for the pillows. I had to look online for the trig to get the measurements that I needed. I was bothered by the amount of time it took to parse the information. Has it been too long since I did trig?

I finished the drawing. It wasn't quite to scale since the program insisted on 'snap to grid'. Then I printed out the pattern pieces. I contacted Jamie about a quote for Monday and sent a message to the occupant. Then Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. Afterward, he took his shower and I took mine.

I read e-mail for a bit, then made breakfast. I ate that and pistachios and a grapefruit. Around 2, I got some cleaners together and my vacuum and went to the company house. I made the beds and put the duvets back in their covers. Even though I used binder clips in the corners, it was a struggle and there must be an easier way, because the whole process took an hour for three beds.

That and hanging the towels.

Then I picked up all my cleaners and went to the house on Mustang. I finished cleaning the cupboards and the fridge, and the kitchen window plus the window in the livingroom and the fan blades. That took 3 hours, much of it spent scrubbing black paint flecks off of the Venetian blinds.

I went home and heated ground beef and rice in the toaster oven. I made a salad. Michelle came over to borrow some ammonia to clean her stove grates. She stayed to chat and finally I had to indicate that I wanted to finish my supper. She left and I ate while listening to Dr. Jane. Then I worked on my blog.

I made tea and we watched two episodes of SG1. He tumbled the sheets for a few minutes while I put my laundry away. Then we dressed the bed and I laid out a nightgown. He went to bed and I stayed up to read e-mail.

No comments: