Saturday, March 25, 2023

Cleaning around the resident

Friday

I woke up about 8. I laid in bed for awhile, then got up around 8:30. I prepped for the day, then read e-mail, waiting for the roads to get plowed so I could get the laundry started at the company house.

At 10:20 the plow went through. Chris went to the office. I went by the company house, but there was a car in the driveway. So I went home and waited. Actually I read e-mail, then made breakfast a little early.

I went over again around noon. I rang the doorbell and the man who answered looked like he had just gotten out of bed. I told him I was there to clean the house. He let me in and said I didn't need to wash his sheets. The other sheets were on the floor by the washer. I threw them in, added soap, and turned it on and left.

I went home and finished breakfast. I continued reading, then paused at 2. I texted Chris to call me when he got home. However he pulled up just as I was getting in my car. I told him where I was going, then went to the company house to throw the sheets in the dryer.

I went home to Chris. We prepared for our trip and went to Tooele, listening to the book on CD. There was snow everywhere, but the roads were good. We shopped in the usual three places, then went back to base.

I was really tired so I sat and drank tea after putting the food away. Then I went to the company house to clean. The sheets were dry but the one towel was not, so I threw it back in while I made the beds. The resident was watching TV. I cleaned the bathrooms, then the kitchen. I swept the floors with a dustmop. The dryer wasn't done, but the towel was dry so I took it out and hung it. Then I packed up and left.

When I got home, I put the leftover beef in the toaster oven. I made and ate a salad while listening to Mike Adams interview someone about the state of our southern border. Lots of military-age men coming through.

Michelle came over to talk to Chris about her resume and a job she applied for. I worked on my blog while they talked. She made sure I was coming to her house for game night.

After posting, I washed up and took my 2.5 gallon water container and went to her house. With a little help, I finished the last game and started over with the easy ones because I am certain I missed one.

It was after 11 when I left. But Chris was still up when I got home. I finished my blog, then went to bed. Chris got there before I finished my stretches. Then we both went to sleep.

No comments: