Wednesday, March 15, 2023

It's not just dirt

Tuesday

I got up before 8. After the usual stuff, I sat at my laptop to type up a cleaning invoice for February. I sent it off, and deleted some e-mail. Then I re-drew the quilt block in EQ4 and experimented with other colorings. I printed out the templates.

At 10 I went to unlock the swap shop for Shiloh, then parked at the Mustang Road house. I took off my shoes and went upstairs to look for anything we missed. I found some dirt in the window tracks and cleaned it out. Then I went downstairs and cleaned the tracks for the sliding glass window. I brought in my vacuum to help. It took about an hour, then I moved my cleaning supplies to my car. Jamie left the hose winder for me, but I could not fit it in my car.

I took my stuff home, and put it in the house. Then I picked up buckets and put them in the trunk so I could pick up what I had just realized was potting soil dumped in the backyard of the house. However, my back started to hurt, so I delayed.

I read e-mail for a bit, then made and ate breakfast. Saronna messaged me that she was home with two sick kids, so we weren't going to play today. Jamie came by with the hose winder. We talked about setting up shelving in the garage.

I looked at sewing projects online and picked an easy pieced potholder for Saturday. At three I whipped up a batch of seed crackers and put them in the oven. I filled all the smaller containers from larger ones. At 3:30 I went to the gym. Only Tonja was waiting for me. We walked around the track and talked. She knows a lot about wine. Afterward, we went home. I turned off the oven but left the crackers in to crisp up. Then I went to lock the swap shop, but it was already locked.

I parked behind the Mustang Road house and got out the buckets. I filled the 5 gallon bucket and two regular buckets and a 8 inch pot. It was starting to rain, so I went home. I took the buckets out of my car. I went out back to push two more gopher stakes in the ground. I raked leaves off the back porch and put them in the compost. I emptied water that collected in containers outside.

I ate a banana and went back to reading e-mail. Around 6, Chris came home from work. He made his supper and I heated ribs and quinoa in the toaster oven. Later, I made a salad. I listened to an interview with Gen Flynn. I worked on my blog.

I made tea and we watched two episodes of SG1. Later, I replaced the filter on the Air Doctor. But the Replace Filter light did not go out. Chris laid out his clothes for tomorrow and went to bed. I stayed up to listen to a summit episode, then did some tapping and went to bed.

No comments: