Sunday, March 5, 2023

Hand-sewing: an easy project

Saturday

I got up after 8:30. I was pissed that my nose was still stuffy after all I went through yesterday to stop the cold. I got ready for the day, then we went to Tooele, listening to the book on CD. We shopped at Lucky. For some reason it seems they dropped the s. Or was it never there?

I walked to Melanie's and had a nice chat with her. I bought a few things and paid with cash. Then we went to Macey's for the rest. We headed back, passing through a herd of deer on the road. We stopped at the commissary for a few things, then went home.

I ate the rest of yesterday's breakfast and made a smaller version for today. I still had troube finishing it. I ate pistachios as I read the latest articles.

I took my sewing stuff and pillow fabric to the chapel. Tonja was waiting in her van. I opened the chapel door, we went in. I set my stuff on the tables and got out the project. I threaded some needles. Then I showed her my pillow block drawing and we discussed it.

Isadora arrived and we got her started on a shamrock. Then Jenni came and finally Saronna's husband and three kids. They each made a shamrock. I took pics as they finished and ran off to play. We talked about doing some quilting projects, maybe once a month.

After everyone left, Tonja and I went to the swap shop. I dropped off what the colonel had given me. Then her husband came and we carted out a bookcase to his truck and then to my house. I let him look through my record collection and take a few.

I read email and listened to a Day 6 presentation. Chris cooked mushrooms and beef for me. Later I made a salad and cooked an egg into the mushrooms and beef. I worked on my blog as I ate.

I wrote my blog post, then made tea. We watched several episodes of SG1. Then he went to bed and I stayed up to watch part 2 of the second episode. Then I shut down my computer and went to bed.

No comments: