Monday, March 27, 2023

Pot-luck

Sunday

I got up just after 8. I followed the usual routine, including rinsing the sprouts. It is not going as well as last time. I made a batch of egg-flax muffins. I read e-mail and listened to short videos at the same time.

John texted to say he wasn't feeling well enough to run the game tonight. So I tapped for him. Then, mid-morning, my stomach started to feel a little off. I hadn't eaten yet, and the only thing I drank was water with a lemon squeezed into it. So I ignored it.

At 11:15 I took some activated charcoal. Later I made and ate breakfast. I got ready for church. I took muffins and honey and avocado dip with me to the chapel. I found the visiting pastor sitting in his car. I waved to him and walked up to the door, unlocking it, and going inside. I put my trombone up front, then moved the food to the fellowship hall. I went to the bathroom, and when I got out, Jenni and Diane were there. And John.

So we had our service, sans Sgt King who was with his wife at the hospital having a baby. I played two hymns at the end. Then we placed the food on a table in the narthex. Pastor Chris said a prayer, and we filled our plates and sat in padded chairs to eat and talk. My stomach was iffy.

At three, we broke up and I locked the door as everyone left. I went home and changed clothes. I did numerous internet searches for initials left behind in a stone on my brother's property.

After several hours, it became clearer that my stomach wasn't going to digest the food. I took more charcoal tablets, but it didn't help. As much as I hate throwing up, there was no other way out of feeling queasy. Finally I did it, and it was as bad as I thought it would be. But when it was over, I felt better. I asked Chris to read to me for a bit, then I washed up and read to myself for hours. I never did feel like eating.

After 8, I put the book down and worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched two episodes of SG1. Chris went to bed not long after. I was tired, but I stayed up to read e-mail until 11, then went to bed.

No comments: