Friday, March 10, 2023

Paint on my mat

Thursday

I got up around 7:30. After getting ready for the day, I read e-mail for awhile. Then I went to the house on Mustang and cleaned for an hour in the kitchen.

I tried to get home before noon so I could start making breakfast before Chris came home for lunch. I had to cut up ginger and turmeric in order to make tea, so I got started late. But he was late coming home so I finished and started listening to the Highwire. When he came home, I plugged in headphones so he could eat in peace. Del talked about the protests over mandating the HPV vaccine. Also there was a long interview with Rob Schneider.

After it was over, around 3, I called Myra. She said they had tickets to come here in June. At 3:30 I hung up with her and drove to the gym. Michelle came and we signed up for paint yoga and bushcraft cooking. Then we walked around the track and talked. At 4:30, I stopped and went home to hunt down my yoga mat. I also chopped up fruit peels and put them in the compost.

Then I went back to the gym. Mats and paper and sheets of plastic were set up on the floor. There was a place for me to lay mine. I put the paint paper on it. She gave us paints to drip on the paper. Then we covered them with plastic and proceeded to stand on them

Brittany guided us in several poses, all of which I have done before. But doing them on a slippery piece of plastic made them harder to do. When we were done, we placed our 'master pieces' on a roll of paper to dry. That's when I noticed paint on my very expensive yoga mat.

She had some yoga accessories for us to try, like the padded shoulder stand and some circles for rolling out our backs. I tried each thing, then went to the bathroom for soap and water to wash the paint off of my mat. But I could not get it all off.

I rolled up my mat and headed out. I ran into Steve and we talked about taking swap shop stuff to an Indian reservation. And he told me about a man who fell on the ice this morning.

I went home, passing Chris on his way to get his weekly pizza. I went home and heated ground beef in the toaster oven. I made a salad and chopped up some fresh garlic. I ate while reading Telegram messages. Then I worked on my blog.

I made tea. We watched two episodes of SG1. Then I watched an interview on transubstantiation. A scientist had done medical tests on a host that was turning water to blood. Testing showed it was heart tissue. And then I went to bed.

** The red arrow shows where the HPV vaccine was introduced. Doesn't look like it prevented anything. **

No comments: