Monday, March 20, 2023

No games, just boxes at the swap shop

Sunday

I had a hard time going to sleep after staying up so late reading. So naturally, I got up late. I got ready for the day, and put out some supplements for the week, hoping that the ones I ran out of will arrive tomorrow.

I created an album for the sewing class. I went through my pics from the last two years and added almost 90 pics. I thought there were more, but apparently I didn't take pics at every class.

Then I read e-mail. Chris came home from his trip. He threw the laundry in the washer and laid down for a nap. I made and ate breakfast, then went in the bedroom to quietly get dressed for church.

I put some seed crackers in a container and took my trombone to the chapel. When I got there, I put the seed crackers on the back table and went up front to assemble my trombone. I went to the bathroom to shorten my slip straps. I came back out and spoke to John as people arrived. Pastor Chris said a few words of introduction which spread to be almost a sermon in itself. Then we sang a song and he preached from John chapter 13. Afterward, Saronna and I played two hymns.

While people chatted, I went to the swap shop to open it as requested yesterday. But where was she? I went back to the chapel, which was now deserted, to get my remaining seed crackers. Then I went back to the swap shop. Still no one, so I locked it and went home. Then I got a Facebook message from her, so I told her to meet me in the back and I drove back over. I showed her the boxes and she picked out what she needed. She wanted to stay and look so I told her to go ahead and I would come back to lock it.

I went home and changed. I asked Chris to put gas in my car. Just then, she texted that she was finished. So Chris and I stopped at the post office and I locked the door. Then we went to the gas station. I filled out the book while he pumped gas and bought beer. And we came home.

Chris didn't run his game, and neither did John. Apparently he has covid. I put a block of frozen whey in some milk to thaw. I read e-mail and looked at videos of microgreens and electroculture. I threw the liquid in the bread machine with the other ingredients and started the machine. Chris made his supper and I had some of the roast. Later I made a salad. The bread did not come out well and I wondered if it didn't have enough liquid in it.

I worked on my blog, then made tea. We watched two episodes of SG1, then dressed the bed with clean sheets. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to watch electroculture gardening videos.

** These are the sample blocks for Cecily's new pillows **

No comments: