Saturday, July 29, 2023

A cleaning of opportunity

Thursday

I woke up while Chris was taking a shower. I had no trouble getting out of bed. So I started my day in the usual way with supplements and brushing. I went outside to water the plants. I made up a new week of supplements. I went to Heather's house to clean. I called Jamie to find out what she hadn't cleaned yet. I mopped floors and cleaned drawers that I thought had already been cleaned. Jamie came at 10. I went to Housing to schedule the inspection of the house.

Then I went to the post office to unlock the swap shop door for Jamie. Next door was the AC guy. I asked him if he had a key to the Mommy-n-Me room. He opened that door. I went to my car to get cleaners, which I happened to have from doing Heather's house.

I cleaned the insides of all the windows facing the post office and found out that half the dirt was on the outside anyway. I went home for extra supplies and came back to clean the outsides. Chris came by for the mail and said I should be at home waiting for the laptop to be delivered.

When I finished, I went home for breakfast, and watched The Highwire. A man from Maintenance came by to fix the door jamb to the garage. I finished The Highwire and read e-mail waiting for laptop to be delivered so I could leave the house.

Finally I mixed up seed crackers, committing myself to baking, when the doorbell rang. I signed for the laptop, and texted Chris. While the crackers baked, I went to the swap shop with brackets for the metal shelf. I talked to Tonja, Jenni and Shiloh. Then I went to the library to get new book. I talked to the librarian who is leaving. He said he would hire us to clean his little place. Just in time, I went home and turned the oven off.

I ate leftover steak, and posted to my blog. Chris came home with pizza. I read e-mail and listened to audios while Chris futzed with the new laptop. Then he asked me to load my latest files onto a storage device, which he then moved to the new laptop. Later he presented me with the new laptop. I opened most of the same windows that the first one had open. Some required navigation. I made tea and we watched Andromeda. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to jot notes on the new laptop.

No comments: