Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Birthday party and music session


Monday

I got up and watered the lawn and outdoor plants. I watered the other side of the house while mowing just the really green grass. I posted to Facebook about meeting tonight to play music.

At 10 I went to the newest house. I put the stove filters and big burner bowls in a bin of hot ammonia water and slid that into the stove. I put vinegar-soaked paper towels in the toilets to get the ring off.

I went to the swap shop to open it for the colonel's wife. We chatted at the front desk. Then I followed her into the swap shop for a minute. I left to go back to cleaning. I got my stuff from Heather's house and moved it to the new house. I cleaned in the kitchen until Saronna (who I called) came to get stuff from the fridge, including ice cream for her party tonight. I swore to her that I thought her party was tomorrow night. Yikes!

After she left, I cleaned another cabinet, then went home for lunch. I also ate two cobs of corn from the new fridge. Then I read e-mail for while. Jamie called to say she hadn't done anything in Heather's house except move stuff to the garage. Sigh.

So I went to the new house and worked in the kitchen for 35 minutes. Then I took my cleaning stuff back to Heather's house. I met Michelle at the gym. She brought me some ginger-cayenne juice. We walked the track for half an hour or more. Then I went home and took a tbsp of the juice. I sat down to read e-mail and cool off. Then I discovered a Facebook message about the new MWR chief needing to go to the swap shop at 4. But it was 4:30. So I drove to their new house and rang the doorbell, but no one was there. So I went to the swap shop in case they were waiting. No one there. I texted Chris and went home. I laid down and did some tapping. Then I went back to my laptop to check for messages. I tapped with a video, then went on to other videos.

I worked on my blog. I picked lettuce and made a salad. After eating it, I packed music stuff in my car. I went to Saronna's house for her July kids birthday party. I found Saronna in the back yard minding a covered box. The game was to feel around in the box for 60 seconds, then write down everything you can remember. So I did. But 60 seconds wasn't long enough to identify each object and find them all. So after writing down what I remembered, I started guessing until I had a long list.

A man was cooking hamburgers. So we all got one. Michelle came, so I talked to her for a bit. The little kids were tying up teenagers. There was a tug of war which Moira's team won. But all too soon it was 6:50. I said my thank you's and goodbyes and went to the chapel.

Lisa had just arrived. She helped me carry in my trombone, music stand and pile of band music. We talked for a bit, then Dillon came with his mom. We got the snare drum from the back of the chapel and moved it up front. I handed him the percussion part, and gave the score to Lisa, who played keyboard. We played some short pieces from the band book, and some hymns. They were both very good players and very enthusiastic. We played for almost an hour and then my lip gave out. Lisa had to go, but I got to talk to Dillon and his mom for some time. Dillon said he could get some of the other kids to come and play. I promised to bring him a flute and he took the flute book.

When I got home, it was after 8:30. I had already done my blog post, so I made tea and we watched two episodes of Andromeda. The first one was pretty violent. After watching, Chris soon went to bed, but I stayed up to listen to something, and then I went to bed, too.

 

No comments: