Monday, July 24, 2023

The last of the power outages?


 Sunday

I got up before 8. Chris made coffee, then went to the office when the power went out. I went outside to water the grass and plants. It seemed overcast, which was nice. But around 10 the sun came out. I mowed the grass that was still green, in the front, side and back yards.

When I came in, I drank water. I went to the company house to fold the towels and sheets from the dryer. The occupant was just leaving, so I waited a few seconds, then went in and finished up. When I got home, I read the chapters of Revelation that were prescribed. Then I laid down with an earthing mat to enjoy the lack of electricity and wi-fi.

I got up just before noon to start breakfast. The power came back on. I ate breakfast then took a shower while Chris folded laundry. I put the cheese squares in a different container and took them to church. I left them on the back table and went up front to unpack my trombone. I warmed up for a minute. I talked to people as they came in.

Then Pastor Chris started the service. We sang a song with the overhead, then he preached from the first chapter of Revelation. He was adamant that there is no 's' on the end. At the end, he said to reread the chapters from last week. We enjoyed snack and conversation. Jenni reminded us that next week is the potluck.

I went home and read e-mail while listening to Chris game with the voices. I heard John tell him that we aren't gaming tonight because he and Michele are going to see the Barbie movie. Jenni came over to get the swap shop keys. I drove over there myself because I had stuff, too. We all put stuff inside and I locked it again.

I went home to read Telegram messages. I jotted notes for my blog. I ate leftover fish for supper. Later I made tea. We watched two episodes of Andromeda, finishing season one. It meant the last episode was a real cliffhanger! I wanted to go on to season two, but Chris said we should wait until tomorrow. We dressed the bed in clean sheets. I put away laundry. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to read e-mail.

No comments: