Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Getting started on Tim's house

Monday

I got up around 7:30, even though I did not hear the alarm. I got dressed, reloaded the dishwasher with last night's dishes. I rinsed the sprouts, changed water for rootings, then watered the outdoor plants. I also watered a gopher tunnel, but it didn't emerge. I brushed my teeth and checked messsages. I worked on yesterday's blog post since the desktop was so responsive.

Before 10, I put cleaning stuff in my car and went to Tim's house. I took the shelves out of the fridge to clean. I put one bin in the oven with hot ammonia water and all the stove grates. While that soaked, I washed the counter tops and the fridge parts.

Around noon I went home and made breakfast. I ate while reading e-mail. The CSM started texting me about stuff for the pool party tomorrow. I found info and replied. I advertised in the community for folding tables. I talked to Jamie and we agreed to meet at Tim's house. I went to the post office and picked up the mail.

I pulled up behind her and opened the garage door. We went through some stuff left in the closet. Then I returned to the kitchen. I cleaned some cupboards and then she pulled the fridge out so I could clean behind it. I put all the shelves back in. Finally I pulled the bin out of the stove. I washed it and put the grates in the oven, then turned on the Self Clean cycle. I worked on the wall, which looked like soda had exploded on it. That did not come completely off. Then the smoke alarm went off. It didn't seem smoky to me. But it was annoying, so I locked the doors and went home.

Chris was already home. I made a salad for supper and he made me some salad dressing. I read e-mail as I ate, then Michele called with sewing questions. So we talked for some time. After the call, I looked at Joann's sale fabric for a bit, then sat down to work on my blog. I made tea and we watched two episodes of SG1. Then we looked up some of the actors. Chris went to bed while I wrestled with the desktop to complete a Joann order. I also looked up the next step in The Dig.

No comments: