Saturday, July 15, 2023

A visit to the dentist


Friday

I got up before 8. Chris was already up. I brushed and swished, then got dressed to go out and water the plants. I forgot to water the indoor plants. Then I made a grocery list while Chris took a shower. He packed the cooler and we went to Tooele.

On the way, we stopped at Walgreens for aspirin and caffeine. Then we went to the dentist. While Chris checked in for his appointment, I walked to Melanies and shopped. We had a nice conversation and then I went to Cal Ranch and got two tomato plants.

When I got back to the dentist office, I waited for my appointment. When Chris checked out, I gave him the plants and my book. Then I got taken back for my cleaning and exam. No problems.  I scheduled the next 6-month appt, but Chris has to go back sooner.

When I was done, Chris had completed the grocery shopping so we went back to base. We went straight home and unloaded the foods. I watered the tiny plants again. I made breakfast while Chris packed for his trip. He kissed me and left.

After eating and listening to something on the history of current events, I peeled the hardboiled eggs and put them in pickling juice. I put the already pickled eggs in a smaller jar.

I went to the post office to pick up the mail. I went to the commissary for a few things. I found a package on the porch. Then I went to Tim's house to clean. Tonja came over to get the last of the swap shop stuff. I went to help her unload. When I got back, Jamie was there. We discussed how to clean the last parts of the house. She cut some spilled nail polish out of the carpet. Then she had to go. I finished off the kitchen. I cleaned a closet and the laundry room.

Then I went to the garden. One of the drip lines had come off the main line. I don't know when that happened, but the garden hasn't been properly watered since. I repaired the line and watered by hose.

When I got home, I made supper and ate it while listening to the next part of the End Of Covid. I jotted notes for today and published for yesterday. Then I went to Michelle's house to check on the cat and make sure their gaming system still worked. I played Myst for several hours, then bid the cat a good night and went home to bed.

**  I couldn't resist this kid with chocolate frosting all over his face.  **

 

No comments: