Monday, July 10, 2023

A milestone in the game


Sunday

We got up before 8. After getting ready, I went outside to water the plants and fertilize the tomatoes. Then I went to the garden and used a fish fertilizer on those plants. There was a big gopher mound in the center of the garden and a big hole in the drip hose. I wondered if the gopher bit into the hose. I tried a tourniquet, but that didn't work, so I capped off the hose just in front of the hole. I also watered the strawberries in plot 18.

When I got back, I read e-mail for awhile. Just before noon, I made breakfast and I ate while catching up on Telegram messages. Then I got dressed for church. I took my trombone and cheese squares to the chapel. I unpacked my trombone and talked to the chapel assistant. Michelle came and Rick and another man whom I do not know. We sang a few praise songs and then the traveling pastor gave the messages. He was so passionate. Afterward, Saronna and I played some hymns. I talked to the pastor while the others had snack and went home. Saronna said her husband was in pain, but finally scheduled for the right surgery.

When I got home, I cleared some e-mail. I snacked for awhile. I prepared some ammonia-soaked paper towels for the garden. Then we signed into Discord for the family game.

So the last ghost rose from a cistern of water. He threw flames at us, and brought out spiders and rats. We fought him and the varmints, eventually overcoming both. While the GM took 5, I asked James about reversing the scroll and he guided me to the settings portion where I could move the checkmark to the other option. Yea! At the end of the game, we had a discussion of where this game is going and what to play next and who should be the GM and which rule set to use. Chris told the others he would be out of town next weekend.

Water came down from the sky so Chris and I put up our car windows. I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Andromeda.  Chris went to bed and I stayed up to read e-mail.

 

No comments: