Monday, July 31, 2023

Potluck

Sunday

I got up at 8, not having slept well. The whole left side of my body had restless syndrome. Weird. I read e-mail and came across on article on Kaatsu. It involves resistance bands and combats sarcopenia. I wanted to order it but needed Chris' approval because of the price. I went outside to water the plants and the grass. Some things are burning up in the heat, regardless of how much water they get.

I asked for a massage and Chris gave me one. He took his shower and I took mine. I asked about Kaatsu and he said to ask the previous colonel. So I texted his wife, 'cause that's the only number I had. Then I looked up Myst and Riven. Some version of Myst has a extra age in it. And it was good to read and be clear on the plot.

I made and ate breakfast. I put sprouts in a container for church. I also grabbed the jar of pickled green onions and my trombone. When I got to the chapel, I put the foods in the fridge and unpacked my trombone. I held the door for Saronna and Sophia. I asked Sgt King where the tables were and he found them and set them up in the fellowship hall.

After the service, we chatted then set up food in the fellowship hall. Pastor Chris said a prayer and we lined up to get food. Jenni had made chicken and rice. Michelle brought a salad. Saronna brought a hot dip with crackers, and two people brought cookies. We had a nice lunch with conversation. Then we cleaned up and went home. Jenni took the leftover sprouts and Saronna took the leftover pickled onion greens.

I contacted Tonja, then took her a farewell present: stuff in the kind of basket she likes. We stood in her driveway and chatted for some time. Saronna called to say she left her phone in the chapel. So when I was done with Tonja, I went to the chapel to get her phone and dropped it off at her house. But she wasn't home.

I stopped by the company house to pull down the floor mats which were air-drying and place them on the bathroom floors. Then I locked it up, and went home. I changed clothes. I cut up some radishes for pickling. Chris cut up potatoes and gave me the eyes to plant. So I planted them near the onions (which aren't growing). Potatoes do well here and make a nice green plant. Too bad you can't eat the leaves.

Then we got on Discord to talk about what our characters are going to do during their 3 weeks of down time. I had no clue. I had to do a web search. Lots of interesting suggestions. But mostly we were quiet and I was disappointed that we were not playing the game.

Around 8, Chris and John signed off. When I realized that, I signed off too. I was reading Telegram messages anyway. Then I worked on my blog. I heated the rest of the tea, and we watched two episodes of Andromeda. I helped Chris make the bed with clean sheets as he explained to me that he was leaving on Tuesday for a gaming convention on Thursday.

No comments: