Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Independence pool party

Tuesday

I went to bed really late so I slept in till 8. I brushed and swished while getting ready for the day. I texted the CSM about Mark not being able to grill today. I called Saronna to see if we could borrow her grill for the pool party. I hung the windsock on a shepherds hook. I chased down all the stuff that had been in the big green bucket but had gotten blown several properties away.

Then I watered all the plants at home and went to the garden to water the plants there. I also watered some strawberry plants in an untended garden. On the way home, I passed someone who looked like the CSM picking berries from a tree.

I read e-mail for awhile, then went to Michelle's house to check on the cat and look for tables in her shed. But her shed was locked. Then I went to the chapel to wait for the CSM. She said someone was coming for the tables, so I went back and looked for keys but didn't find any. The man who came said he could get a table. I took a cooler of meat to the pool where the grills were set up. Then I went to the chapel to help CSM get all the other food and napkins and bring them to the pool.

Then I spent the next several hours talking to people, mostly the new commander's wife, and introducing her to the people I know. Food was laid on tables and people ate as they wished. Kids swam in the pool. There were ice cream floats. I stayed in the shade.

Around 4:30 I went home. I read e-mail for awhile. Deb called and we made plans to draw a surprise on the colonel's chalk board. Then at 6:30 I put on my bathing suit and took my large clock to the pool. I swam laps for an hour. So boring without Michelle. I went home and read a text about my garden so I immediately went to the garden to make adjustments. As I was leaving, Mrs. Pace said she had some sewing stuff for me. Her son ran home and got it as we were talking. There were new quilting rulers and some fabric, perfect for sewing class so I can keep mine at home. We had a nice chat, then I went home to dry off.

I worked on my blog, then made tea. We watched two episodes of SG1. We could hear fireworks going off in front of the firestation. But I was already dressed for bed, so I did not go see them. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to read e-mail.

No comments: