Friday, July 21, 2023

The very helpful Jenni


Thursday

Chris went to work late. I got up after he left. I brushed and went outside to water the plants. But they didn't need much because it rained last night and everything was wet. I made up a new batch of supplements for the week. Then I read e-mail until 10.

I went to Shelby's house to clean. Her garage was open and Jamie was not there. So I did baseboards in the kitchen. I walked to Heather's house to get the vacuum. Jamie came and was sad. But she took a drink and said we should write down everything we have to do in Shelby's house in case we have to ask for more money. Then she got to work on bedrooms because I had put ammonia in the tub.

So I went back to work on Shelby's house. I cleaned the base cabinets and utility room. I wiped off a lot of dust from the header of the hanging blinds. At noon, we compared notes and agreed to meet at 2 for a signing.

I went home for breakfast and to watch The Highwire. Chris was home for lunch. I brought in the mail. I opened the package from Swansons. I paused The Highwire and went to the signing. She wasn't there but the inspectors were. We kinda hung around talking until Jamie showed up with the contract. We all signed and he said the movers were coming tomorrow and Saturday. Jamie agreed that he could pay by Venmo and she gave him her Venmo number. I wondered how she was going to pay me my share when we finished the house.

I went home with the contract and the keys to store with the other contracts. I hydrated and finished The Highwire. Then I went to the gym to firm up plans for Saturday. Jamie called and asked me to remove the alcohol from the counter where she left it. So I went to get it, thinking she was there, but she wasn't. I called Jenni to get what she wanted from Heather's fridge and garage. So she did. That allowed me to clean the refrigerator while she went upstairs and organized the mess left behind. She had a ball so I was very happy to let her make whatever piles she wanted.

At 5:30 I prepared to leave. I told her to turn off the lights and close the garage door when she was done. She gave me a bag of trash to put in the dumpster. Then I drove home. I stopped at the garden to check that all was well. Then I stopped at the mulberry tree and scooped up some fallen berries to use as seed.

When I got home, I planted the old berries. Then as I was going after some pickled eggs, Chris came home and cooked fish. So I waited and read e-mail until he was done. Then I had fish for supper. I needed to go to the garden, but was too tired. I wrote my blog post instead. We watched two episodes of Andromeda. Chris nearly fell asleep. He went to bed, but I stayed up till 11 to read e-mail.

 

No comments: