Sunday, July 2, 2023

Windsock class is a breeze

Saturday

I got up at 8. I took supplements, and watered inside and out. I went to the company house to put the sheets in the washer. Then I went and watered the garden.

I read email, then went back to the company house to put the sheets in the dryer. When I got home, Chris gave me a massage. I showered while he mowed the lawn. I made and ate breakfast, listening to rocks hit the windows as Chris mowed.

Just after 1, I moved the sewing class stuff to my car. Chris carried the machines. We went to the chapel and he helped me unload. Then I went to the company house to throw the towels in the dryer. I went back to the chapel and met Tonja arriving. I still had to go home to get some things I forgot. When I got back, she had set up all the machines.

I set up the craft. Sophia came in first and I got her started. I wanted them to sew felt stars on by hand, but somehow the stars weren't there, so they painted them on. Then the projects needed dry time. So I had them work on making strips from red, white and blue fabrics, some of which I had bought yesterday. Most kids went in the nursery to play with the toys while they waited. So I got to work with them one at a time to get their windsocks done. The new lady could sew on her own when I showed her what to do.

I had trouble threading the only big needle I could find with crochet yarn, which is what Joanns sold me when I asked for string. But it seemed to work for the windsocks. It tied nicely around the wire which held the end open.

We packed up around 4 and they all helped me carry stuff to my car. I invited Saronna and Tonja to text me when they were done at the swap shop so I could take them into Tim's house to raid the fridge. I took my sewing stuff home, then went to the company house to clean for half an hour. I had just finished the kitchen when their text came.

They were waiting for me at Tim's house. I opened the garage door and we went in. The kids enjoyed looking around the house. Moira found a poster of dinosaurs. Saronna had a cooler and we helped her get most of the stuff in the fridge and freezer. Tonja went through the pantry with her and we also showed her the stuff left in the bathrooms. Finally she headed out with her kids. Tonja picked up some stuff and so did I. She helped me carry stuff to my car. I closed the garage door and we left.

I took the food home, and met Jamie who was trimming my yard. I invited her in for a glass of whey and some water. She really enjoyed the whey. Then she went back to work and I went back to the company house for another half hour to finish up.

When I got back, I had supper and read e-mail. Chris came back from wherever he had gone. I finished listening to James Corbett and worked on my blog. It was so slow to responed, that we watched two episodes of SG1, stopping intermittantly for me to give the computer its next command. After watching, I read e-mail for awhile. We dressed the bed around 11. Chris turned in and soon so did I.

No comments: