Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Another house finished


Monday

I had a hard time falling asleep. I got up and took some activated charcoal, wondering if something in the salad was hard to digest. Then I went to sleep.

Reveille woke me up, but I dozed off again and got up about 7:30. I washed up and got dressed. I took the first supplements. I watered the inside plants and then the outside ones. I watered dry spots in the grass and a new gopher mound. The water flushed out a skull. Nice. I watered the flower box and put white cleaning cloths around the plants to keep the soil moist and cool. It's been over 100 degrees.

I came in for a drink. I jotted notes for my blog while waiting for the router to sort itself. Then I checked e-mail and Facebook for messages.

I got a call asking us to turn over Tim's house today. So I went over there and spent 1.5 hours cleaning. I loaded up all our cleaning stuff, closed the house and went to Housing to schedule an appt for inspection.

Then I went home for lunch. i got a call from Jamie who had gone over to do the bathroom floors. I went over there to console her. Then we finished the floors just as the inspectors came. They looked around and I pointed out various problems. I signed the papers, and scraped off the red tape on the back doors. Jamie and I did the side garage door with Goo Gone. I went to Housing to return Tim's keys and get one for Heather's place.

I went home to figure out how much money to give Jamie. It got complicated with advance cash and having only 20's in the envelop. I met her at a house for a quote. I looked around in the kitchen mostly, then we went outside to discuss it. I gave her a share of the cash from Tim's house.

I went home for water, then went to Heather's house to assess. It was a mess. I swept the first floor and picked up trash. I turned on the self-clean cycle and started cleaning cupboards. Then I went to Shelby's house to assess. It was dirtier than I thought it would be for someone who cleaned and failed inspection twice. I put the gas burner grills inside the oven and started her self-clean cycle as well.

I went back to Heather's and cleaned a bit more, then got a box and selected foods from the fridge and freezer that we would eat. I took the box home immediately and put the food in my fridge. I started making a salad for supper. Chris came home from work, having gone directly there at the end of his trip. He made supper from the new foods.

He started unpacking my new dock when Michele and John called. They were trying to set up a LAN to game with each other. He told them what he could, and then they discussed other things. I finished eating and read e-mail. Then Chris finished connecting the dock. I worked on my blog, made tea, and we watched Andromeda.

We went to bed and only in the middle of the night did I get up to turn off the router.

 

No comments: