Monday, July 17, 2023

Introduction to Revelations


Sunday

I got up around 7. I went out to the kitchen and discovered that the floor was wet. I got towels to soak it up. The ice was melting from the freezer. So I moved the food to the deep freezer in the garage. Then I whipped up a batch of cheese squares. I read e-mail while they baked. Just before the timer rang, the power went out.

I shut down my laptop. I got dressed and went outside to water the plants. There were new gopher mounds and I watered them too, but no gophers came out. I planted one of the tomato plants in the new planter box. Then I got out the wheel barrow and filled it with all the tumbleweed that suddenly showed up. They must have been from far away, because only the main stems and branches were left. I put two barrow loads in the dumpster next door. I am glad they didn't put the dumpster in my yard.

I sat outside and read for awhile, then went inside to read. It was dim inside because I had the shades drawn to keep out the heat while the power is out. I started to take a nap when the power came back on with a jolt.

I pulled the cheese squares from the oven and trimmed off the crispy edges for myself. When it became clear that I was going to fill up on cheese, I made breakfast and ate that while reading e-mail. Then I got dressed for church.

I went to church with cheese squares, a trombone and a clarinet. I said hi to Charles, and went up front to unpack my trombone. I gave the clarinet to Jenni. A young lady sat in the second row and we chatted for a bit. Shawn came over to say hi. Other people joined the conversation, including the pastor when he arrived.

Then we took our seats and Pastor Chris began to preach about Revelations. I meant to take notes, and brought a clipboard, but apparently the pen in my purse disappeared. I took a pic of the slide on the overhead. He said the book was divided into what was, what is, and what will come. He gave us a reading assignment of the beginning and the end of the book.

Afterward, Saronna came up and we played three hymns. Then we chatted and had snack. The young lady went up and played the piano. I talked to Saronna and John. Anyway, we all walked out, leaving the piano player on her own. But the doors would lock behind her when she left.

I went home and washed dishes. Chris called and told me to call Base Maintenance about the fridge. So I did. Not much longer, I got a call saying someone was coming over. And then a man came. He looked inside the fridge and the freezer, which was now cold and making ice. Sigh. I guess the power going off and on again kicked the compressor back on.

After he left, I went back to reading e-mail. Then Diane called to talk and catch up. I read Telegram messages, then ate some pickled eggs and made a salad from things growing outside. I worked on my blog and got ready for another game night.

I went over to Michelle's house. Her cat was glad to see me. Using the cheat book, I was able to navigate to several other worlds and back again. Except for the rocket world. That's where I was when the clock struck 11. I shut down the game, the keyboard, the mouse and the TV. I put everything back the way it was, and went home.  It was like my brain was in another world.  I did my best to hang onto the feeling as I got ready for bed.

 

No comments: