Sunday, July 23, 2023

A long day of scavenging and gaming


Saturday

We woke up late. Chris went to make coffee but the power was already off. We stayed in bed for hours. Then I got up to water outside. The sun was full and hot already, but I did the best I could. I picked up small crystals that got dumped by the wind on the back porch. They are painful to step on. I tried hitting the clumps with a hammer but then they flew all over.

Then I came in for awhile and read e-mail. I opened a young coconut and consumed the water and meat. About 11:45 I went to the garden. I fixed the irrigation system, again. I filled the jugs with water and spiked them with lactobacillis, then watered the vegetables.

When I got home, I grabbed the homemade laundry detergent and some toilet bowl cleaner. I went to the company house to get the laundry started and to drip blue stuff in the toilets. Then I went home to make breakfast. Chris was gone to the office.


I read e-mail until 1:30. Then I went to the Antelope Inn. Tom was sitting there by the open door. He thought I said 1:00. He turned the lights on for me and left. Soon Michelle showed up. We went down in the basement to get the vacuum attachments that I wanted, and the poles to the shelving unit. I grabbed some sheets as well.

Then other people began to arrive, courtesy of word-of-mouth advertising. I went through the rooms looking for things other people would miss. I collected rolls of toilet paper and bathroom cleaners and light bulbs that aren't sold any more. People helped each other carry out recliners and tables and such. The colonel and his family came. He measure the cabinets on the wall in the office. It had never occurred to me to get cabinets. He helped me take down some shelving to use in my garage. His wife and I looked through the office for anything that needed shredding. Jenni came and got pictures and mirrors and an ironing board. We put a table out for Revonna. Jamie got cleaners and maybe some other stuff. Those who came had a ball.

Finally Michelle and I left, turning off the power, and closing the door. We went to our respective homes. I ate some barbecued meats that Chris brought home from a party last night. Then I snacked on frozen fruit to cool off.

When I could put it off no longer, I went to the company house to finish laundry and clean. There was a man staying there. So I put the laundry in the dryer and cleaned around him. I mopped the floors and left.

The other ladies were already at the pool. I threw on my suit and grabbed my big clock and met them there. I showered off first because of all the dust from the Antelope Inn. Then I joined them in the pool. I swam circles around them as we talked. It was fun and informative. The life guard let us stay a little late. I toweled off and went to my car while Jenni transferred some mirrors to the lifeguard's car.

When I got home, I changed into dry clothes. I wrote my blog post. I went to game night since we didn't actually play last night. I brought the last of the fermented cheese. She really enjoyed it.

I pulled up the game on the TV, then worked my way through the Selenitic Age and returned to the library. I put the last red sheet in the red book. The man trapped inside said I had to go into the fireplace and type in pattern 158 from the last book on the middle shelf. So I looked it up and did that. I found myself in an elevator which went up. At the top there was a cubby with a red sheet and a blue sheet. I picked up the red sheet and took it down to the red book. It released the man trapped inside who then proceeded to tell me what a fool I was and he trapped me inside the book and the game ended. Michelle thought that was very funny. 

I reloaded the game from the last save point and went through the Selenitic Age again, picking up the blue sheet instead. I used the cheat book to get through the maze, and returned to the library. I put the blue sheet in the blue book. Then I went into the fireplace and typed in the pattern. I went up to the cubby, but this time noticed there was a green book above the pages. I clicked on it and the father of the two trapped men was inside. He said both his sons were evil and to bring him his last page to free him.

It was 11, so I saved the game there. We chatted a little longer and I went home. Chris was already in bed. I turned things off, did my stretches, and went to bed.

No comments: