Monday, July 3, 2023

Dinner with a new family

Sunday

I got up around 7:30. I got ready, then watered outside. I went to the garden to check and water. CSM was there, but she never looked up. Then I went to Tim's house to get the children's meds for Saronna. I also grabbed hydrogen peroxide for me.

When I got home, I worked on the front hall and the huge mess of cleaning supplies. At noon I made and ate breakfast while checking e-mail and Facebook for messages. Then I got dressed for church and put some seed crackers in a container.

I went to the chapel with my trombone. I gave the bag of meds to Saronna. I asked King about a place to store sewing stuff and he showed me an empty office. Then the interim pastor said a prayer and we sang some praise songs. He preached from Philippians. After the service, Saronna and I played some hymns from a gospel book that were also in the hymnal.

Then we got talking about what a Dugway parade float for the Tooele parade could look like. Funny. We went home. I cleaned clutter in the den and livingroom and hoped Chris would not give them a tour. I made the bed just in case. I was exhausted and started texting Michelle so I could sit down. I drank some water which gave me just enough energy to scrub the front door area. Then I sat in the new (to me) recliner and dozed off a bit.

I could still hear the sounds of Chris making supper. I got up at 6. The new colonel and his family showed up soon after. We chatted a bit then sat at the table. Chris said a prayer and we ate and talked and talked. They were lovely people, very family and community minded, and down-to-earth.

After they left, I went to Michelle's house to check on the cat. I gave her some attention and checked the plants out back. It was after 9 when I got home. I made tea, and we watched an episode of SG1. Then Chris went to bed and I wrestled with the desktop to get my blog written and published.

* I favor growing actual animals. If the power grid goes down, the cows and chickens will still be here, but the lab-grown meat will perish. *

No comments: