Sunday, July 16, 2023

The nobody nine-patch


Saturday

I got up soon after 7. I got dressed and brushed my teeth. I read e-mail until 8, when the power went out. Then I went out to water the plants. I washed some gopher mounds down the holes. A gopher came up and got hit. I transplanted some seedlings. I worked on the shady side of the house. I opened the package from yesterday, It was a dock. No instructions, just diagrams. Then I put on my bathing suit and laid out on the back porch.

At noon the electricity came on and I took a shower. I made breakfast and ate it while reading e-mail. I listened to part of The Covid Origin Story. Then I made a nine-patch sample block and collected my sewing stuff and went to the chapel.

Since Chris wasn't around to help me carry stuff, I backed my car down the chapel sidewalk. I carried the stuff into the narthex, then went to the company house to get the sheets in the wash. I went back to the chapel to carry the stuff to the fellowship hall. There I discovered that someone had taken most of the tables. I put up two machines. I called Chris ask if he knew about the tables. He said no. Jenni showed up and she didn't know either. We sat down and talked for almost two hours. No one showed up and she didn't want to make the block.

It was almost 4 when we locked up and left. I went home to get cleaners, then back to the company house to put the towels in the wash and to clean the house. I went home to have a bite to eat and finish The Covid Origin Story.

When the towels were done, I went back to the company house to dress the beds and mop the floors.

I got dressed for the pool. Once there, I swam short laps until Jenni arrived, then swam circles around her while we talked. At the end, I talked to Melissa about her gutters. The guy did clean them, but not very well. I talked to Quinsanna as we dried off and walked out into the parking lot. I went to the company house to finish sweeping, but only mopped half of the house because it was getting dark. Then I went to the garden to check on the irrigation system. I watered the strawberries in Lot 18.

When I got home, I changed into dry clothes. I jotted notes for my blog and got ready for another game night. When I got there, there was a package in the mail slot. It looked like a book and Michelle told me to open it. So I did. It was about Myst. I filled the water container and played with the cat. Then I started up the game and used the book to navigate.

At 11, I shut it down, said goodbye to the cat, and went home. I disconnected the router and went to bed, observing all the usual rituals.

 

No comments: