Saturday, August 12, 2023

Another set of loaner linens

Friday

I got up in a hurry and got dressed. I went to the gym to meet Michelle and Shannon. We walked almost 2 miles around the neighborhoods. They wanted to keep going, but I had stuff to do, so I left. I went home for something, then went to 603 to clean for two hours. I did most of the floors and the two bedrooms upstairs. Michelle kept texting me about sheets and stuff for people arriving today because Chris asked for them.

I went home for breakfast. Chris had come back from work. He was waiting for the sheets to be done and around 3 got fed up. I said we had two sets in the guest room. One of them had holes so we got a set from our closet. I took down the shower curtain from the hall bathroom and got some towels from the closet. To the pile, we added two pillows and cases.

Chris packed the cooler and we went to Housing. We sat there until a man drove up. Chris handed him all the linens. Then we went to Tooele, listening to a new book on CD. We shopped at the usual places. I went to Melanie's and talked to Sophia.

When we got back to base, we shopped at the commissary. When we got home, we put away the groceries. While I mowed the back yard, Chris cooked me a steak and heated potatoes and quinoa to go with it. Then he went to the office.

I finished supper and looked into getting another shelf with sliding drawer for the fridge. But the two together would be $100. Even on Ebay I could not get something cheaper. I looked at clear plastic bins online and found some smaller than I wanted.

I worked on my blog. I got ready for game night. I put some fermented cheese in a container for Michelle. I got the water container and the frozen eggs. I went to their house and dropped everything off. Then I had to make a quick stop at Christina's house to pick up cucumbers. I returned to Michelle's house and we talked a bit while Casey loaded the game. I played the parts I had looked up and found new rooms and gadgets.

I could have kept going, but it was after 11. Michelle had ordered me a pair of new shoes and footies. So I tried them on and they were great. I gave her enough cash to cover it. Then I took the water container and the bag of freeze-dried mint and went home. Chris was asleep so I did my stretches and went to bed (forgetting to unplug the router).

No comments: