Friday, August 11, 2023

Jenni went to the hospital

Thursday

I got up before 8. I watered the outdoor plants. I was hunting a gopher when the men came with the new door. As they worked on taking out the old one, I read e-mail. I got a phone call for clearing a house after the occupant had moved. I wanted to go look at it, but the men said I had to be there while they worked. Then I mowed the front and side yards.

At noon I came in to prepare breakfast and watch The Highwire: twice as much fetal human antigen as vericella antigen in the Verivax.

After Highwire finished, they were still here. They finally left at 3:40. I went to Housing to find out what was up with the guy, then went to see the house. It was mostly clean, with cleaning supplies left in the garage. I went back to Housing to find that the head of Housing wasn't there.

I went to 603, but just then Jenni called to say she was having an attack. I ran to swap shop, arriving just as Michelle and EMS did. She seemed awake but quietly sitting on the floor. EMS put her in a chair, wheeled her to the ambulance and laid her back. I talked to Michelle as we watched.

Later, I went to Tonja's house for vinegar and paper towels, then back 603 for 1 hour of cleaning. On my way home, I stopped at the garden. My timer was full of wasps. Odd. Jamie met me at 408 and we toured the house together. She suggested $500 to do the house and yard. She saw dirt that I hadn't.

I came home and talked to Chris. Michelle called to say she spent time with Shannon. I finished my conversation with Chris. I texted the man our quote of $500. He sent me a link to his Venmo account. I forwarded it to Jamie and she said it went through right away. We don't have a signed contract, but I figured the payment was good enough.

I read e-mail while eating supper and working on my blog. Then I made tea and we watched two episodes of Andromeda. Jenni texted me coming back from the hospital. Soon after, Chris went to bed and I stayed up to catch up on e-mail (although I never quite do).

No comments: