Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Starting a big project

Monday

I got up at 7:30, having slept fine. I watered the plants outside and in. I leveled some gopher mounds. No gophers came up to face the music. I put a check in an envelop and called my bank to find out who to mail it to. I also watched a video on how to let out men's pants. Then I opened the back seam of Chris' suit pants.

Just before 10, I packed my car with cleaning supplies and went up the hill to the CSM's house. The inspectors were there. We chatted as we waited for the CSM. They want the house back in 10 days. She arrived, and we signed the cleaning contract. She gave me a wad of 20's and I counted too many. She said she gave me extra. Probably for Jamie. I moved my cleaning supplies inside and started cleaning, hoping they would leave. Eventually they did.

Then I discovered a small crack or gouge in the tub as I put ammonia water in to soak the decals off. I went by Housing to report it and to schedule two inspections for tomorrow. Then I went home for a few things I forgot and I put the check in the mail.

I went back to the CSM's house and worked here and there, soaking stuff in the kitchen and doing some cupboards. Then I went home for breakfast. I ate and read e-mail. At 2:30 I went back to the CSM's house to work on windows in the back where the sun doesn't shine in the afternoon. A plumber came over to look at the gouge. He also mentioned the tub in 408. After he left, Jamie came over to talk about how she could help. Then she left and I cleaned windows and tracks until 5:30. I took some food from the fridge and went home.

I ate the last of the leftover steak from the fridge. Chris came home from work and started cooking mushrooms in the oven. I picked some greens for a salad. Chris made some salad dressing. I ate it and headed to the chapel.

Keli was waiting in her truck. We went inside and she immediately noticed the spiral bound hymnal. She played piano while Dylan and his mom and grandma came in. The women listened while the three of us played from the hymnal, then from a score of music that I had grabbed from the bandroom. It was a lot more difficult than the band books. But we did ok, seeing as we had so many missing parts.

When my lip gave out, practice ended. Grandma wanted to see the CSM house that her son will be living in, so they all followed me up the hill. I opened the garage and let them look around the house. I texted Saronna and she came to get the food from the fridge and cupboard. We talked about the change of command eremony on Thursday. Then we all went home.

I sat down to write my blog, and then we watched an episode of Andromeda. Only time for one. Then he went to bed and I stayed up later as usual.

No comments: