Monday, August 21, 2023

Relaxing day

Sunday

I got up around 8. I pulled on some clothes and went outside to water. I sat down to read e-mail. Chris took a shower and went to church at 10. The priest was with the visiting troops. However very few came.

I read e-mail, he came home after Mass. At noon I made breakfast, then got dressed for church. I took my trombone and seed crackers and went the the chapel. Pastor Chris talked about the last two of the seven churches in chapter 2 of Revelation.

After the service, I played three hymns, chosen by people in the congregation (all three of them). Then we talked as we snacked, and went home. Chris was playing with the voices. I read Telegram messages. John canceled the family game. Chris gave me a massage.

I got dressed, and listened to an interview on cortisol: bad for brain and other organs, anti-cortisol substances decrease with age, people who have trouble sleeping have higher rates of all diseases, which is related to higher cortisol. Eating resistant starches is related to RLS. Also high cortisol can contribute to RLS.

We ate supper – leftover choriso patties, plus rice and mushrooms. (He didn't eat any mushrooms). I listened to podcasts, then worked on my blog post.

I made tea and we watched two episodes of Andromeda. I almost fell asleep. But we had to make up the bed with clean sheets. Then while Chris went to bed, I stayed up to catch up on the news.

No comments: