Saturday, August 26, 2023

The investment

Friday

I got up at 8, not having slept well. I went to rinse the sprouts and they were gooey. So I went through them all and rinsed off old shells and such. I got a text from the new lady who wants to open the swap shop on Fridays. I threw on some clothes and went to open swap shop.

When I got back, I watered the outdoor plants, and fertilized them. I leveled gopher mounds and poured in some ammonia. CSM wanted a quote for cleaning so I checked the time spent on 408 and based the quote on that. I think Chris went to see the new chaplain, then was off to the office. I talked to Jamie to come up with a plan for getting the last two houses done and turned over to Housing.

I amended the loan contract and sent it to Melanie. I went cleaning: shampooed carpet on stairs somewhat, then vacuumed and collected supplies. After an hour of cleaning, I went home and made and ate breakfast Chris came back from work, and added to the grocery list. He packed the cooler and we went to Tooele. We shopped at Luckey's, then I went to Melanie's to shop and to sign the loan papers and write them a check. Then we shopped at Macey's and went back to base. I had left my ID near the computer so I did not have it at the gate. But they let us in anyway.

We went to the Commissary and got a few last things, then went home. We put the food away and Jamie came over with a gift – an electric scrubber on a long handle. She was in love with it so she bought me one. She also gave me money from the last house we turned over. She said she had taken the couch to the landfill and trimmed the yard of 628. Then we talked about her new cleaning job and how she wanted me to sign up as well.

I got online and saw an e-mail from the other lady who cleans. She wanted me to call her and sign up, too. Chris said I shouldn't sign a contract that I am not comfortable with. I.E. it has a clause about not having other employment that might conflict with an on-call status.

Then I cut the top off of a watermelon and scooped the insides out with an ice cream scoop. I washed grapes and berries. I threw them in the watermelon, and added chunks of cantaloupe and strawberries. Then I mixed gelatin in hot water to dissolve and added ice to cool it down a little. I poured it over the fruit. I put the top back on the watermelon. Chris set it in our mixer bowl and held it while we went to the chapel and put it in the fridge for Sunday. We brought back napkins and plasticware for CSM's going away party.

I got a text from CSM saying she accepts our quote and will meet us Monday for the sign-over. (It's a big house). I asked her to bring cash. I went by Michelle's house to pick up the extension cord she bought. Then I met her at the gym. She got a small stepladder from the closet and we went upstairs to plug in the cord, but she wasn't high enough. We discussed getting a bigger ladder but it was too conspicuous.

I went home to work on my blog. Then I went to her house for game night, bringing the empty water container. I played Riven while her husband hung out and Michelle did stuff on her phone. The kids had gone to bed. It was nearly 11 when I discovered a journal for Catherine (in the game). It was in cursive and hard to read. And it was long. I was determined to get through it before saving the game and leaving. Casey filled up the water container with filtered water. When I had finished reading, I saved the game and exited. We chatted just a little longer and I went home to bed.

No comments: