Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Boxing and moving

Tuesday

I got up before 8. It was overcast and rained later. I did not water anything. I got dressed. I sat at my laptop and wrote a list of reasons why the swap shop should have more room. I sent it to Chris and Bcc'd the other swap shop people.

I went to 648 to finish the house. It was mostly floors that needed cleaning, and some baseboards. I took a pic of the couch in the garage, then went home and posted it on Facebook. I thought of more reasons why the swap shop should have more room. Then I went to 408 to shampoo the carpet in the living area.

When I got home, Chris was having lunch. I started making breakfast. Jenni called to say Anka called her, and said workmen had come to the swap shop this morning and asked that all the stuff under the big heater in the ceiling be moved. Yikes! I talked to Chris and he called his deputy and next thing I know, I am driving to the swap shop to meet them all.

So we walk into the swap shop and the workman explains what he needs to do, and they decide it should be done next week. So, the stuff needs to move by Monday. We investigated other unused rooms, like the one across the hall and the one down the hall. Brian asked me to choose and I chose the brighter one. But it wasn't quite available yet, so we agreed to move it across the hall for now.

I called Christina to let her know. Then I went home to finish breakfast. I started a loaf of bread. I met Michelle at the gym for walking. We walked and talked for over half an hour, then I went home. I talked to Melanie about giving her a business loan so she can buy more merchandise. I called Jenni for boxes and she said Michelle could get them from the commissary. So I got a box and went over to the swap shop. Then Michelle showed up with boxes from the commissary. We talked instead of boxing. She found two chairs and had to leave. I grabbed a box and started filling it. One box after another, stacked 3 high. But I couldn't reach everything. The clothes on hangers got hung on the other side.

I left around 5:30. I messaged Christina to get the stuff on the top shelves. I went to 408 and shampooed a bedroom carpet. I went home and found Chris cooking steaks. I read e-mail until they were ready. So good! Then I picked greens from the tower garden and made a salad.

After eating, I worked on my blog. I put the leftover steaks away. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Andromeda. Chris went to bed soon after, but I stayed up to read e-mail.

No comments: