Friday, August 4, 2023

Power out, again.

Thursday

I got up late. I brushed and swished. I made up a week's worth of supplements. Then I called Brian Peterson but spoke with Revonna, who promised to give him a message after his call. I put out the bathroom trash, and posted the blog which I forgot last night. I went to the post office for a package, then went to 607 for two hours to mop floors. On the way home, I dropped two buckets of supplies off at 603, our next house. I put the range filters in hot ammonia water to soak the grease out.

I made and ate breakfast while watching The Highwire. Then I read Telegram messages before settling in to finding a project for Saturday. I went through all my monthly picture files and collated all the sewing ideas memorialized there. I wrote down a list of possibilities and narrowed it down to the braided rug. The power went out, and later came back on. But the internet did not come back. Finally I called Chris and he said to check the breaker box. So I did and yes, breaker 10 was partially flipped. So I turned it off and back on. In a few minutes, the internet was back up.

I called Jamie to catch up on her new cleaning job and to find out if we can schedule 607 to be inspected on Monday. When she called back, she said she'd finish the bathrooms tomorrow. But by then Housing was closed.

I took a pic of my braided rug and posted it as a sewing project to the Dugway Facebook pages. Then I worked on my blog. I blended the soaked nuts with whey and made seed cheese. I put it in the cool oven to ferment.

What is this?

I called Jenni around 7. She was doing ok. I asked if she wanted some food from the fridge at 603 and she said yes. So I went over there, and was surprised to see someone in the driveway. So I proceeded to 607 to pick more cleaning supplies and there was a vehicle in that driveway too. I parked behind it and went inside to collect my stuff. When I came out, a man was driving up and promised to move the vehicle. So I moved my car and he moved his. I parked in the garage and loaded the stuff in my trunk.

I drove over to 603 and now Jenni was parked in the driveway. I let her into the house. She went through the fridge and freezer and took some stuff. There were also some drygoods and she took a few. Then she drove over to 607 and I walked over to meet her there. She got some leftover stuff from the kitchen. As she did, Revonna called to say that someone new was coming in tomorrow and needed loaner stuff like from the swap shop. I said I would get some stuff together.

After Jenni left, I mopped the utility room floor. Then I walked back to 603. I got some specialty mustards and ice cream from the freezer and went home. When I went in, I discovered that the power was off. The ice cream was for Chris but I HAD to eat it so it wouldn't go bad. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.) I lit some candles and texted people to find out if they had power and if they needed candles. After awhile, the power came back on. I checked the breaker panel and flipped about 3 or 4 breakers to reset, then waited for the internet to come back up.

I blew out the candles and started checking e-mail. I listened to some videos while playing Solitaire. I drank tea all evening to hydrate before bed. It rained again. It was after 11 when I finally turned off the computer and started the bedtime routine.

No comments: