Monday, August 14, 2023

Lots of yard work

Sunday

I woke up after 7 and hurt so much that I put the towel over my eyes and went back to sleep. It was an hour later that I woke up. I made myself get out of bed, really slowly. I brushed and swished, and got dressed.

I whipped up a batch of seed crackers and put them in the oven. I went outside to water the plants. I also picked up three loads of tumbleweeds with the wheelbarrow. I flattened some gopher mounds. I unpacked a bag of stuff I picked up at one of the houses to find cottonballs. I added cottonballs of ammonia to the gopher tunnels. Then I asked Chris to mow the rest of the lawn.

I brought in some under-the-counter shelving and switched it out for the wire shelves in the bathroom, intending to try them in my fridge. I listened to a talk on health. Intravenous vit C is toxic to cancer cells. He recommends lots of B3 and B12 for most people. B3 helps with alzheimers.

I made and ate breakfast, then washed off and got dressed for church. I took cheese squares and some seed crackers and my trombone to the chapel. I put out just the cheese squares. I assembled my trombone and warmed up. Then I talked to Sgt King. He mentioned the man who left without cleaning his house. He thanked me for being willing to clean it because otherwise, the house would be considered abandoned and the really expensive cleaning team would charge him $1500 to $3000.

When the pastor and a few people had gathered, I went up front for the service. We sang a praise song, and Pastor Chris talked about the second book of Revelation. Then we sang two hymns and had snack. Jenni was asking me for more colors of strips for her rug that she started last week. Shawn carried the snack and trombone out to my car for me.

When I got home, I parked across the street because Chris was mowing the lawn. It would be easier for him to put the mower back in the garage without my car there. I went inside and changed clothes. I ate the slice of jackfruit we bought yesterday and a few other things.

Chris came in to get his wallet to buy more gas for the mower, then he finished mowing. I went outside to finish mowing the back yard with my little mower. Then I used the broom to sweep off the porches and sidewalks.

I searched online for a shelf or shelf substitute for my new fridge, but everything seemed unusually expensive. I worked on my blog. I went to see a lady who wants to donate a box of fabric to the sewing group. We had a nice chat and she agreed to play piano for the music group. Then I went to the garden to spray fertilizer. I did Christina's garden too. I also put lactobaccilis on mine.

I made tea and we watched two episodes of Andromeda. Chris went to bed and I stayed up till after 11 reading e-mail.

No comments: