Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Two more houses off my list

Tuesday

I woke up hearing Chris getting ready to leave. A little later I got up. I got dressed. I watered the plants outside. I finished mending Chris' pants and I laid them on the bed.

I went to 648 to take one last look and realized that the ceiling fan was dirty. I went up the hill to get my fan blade cleaner. But then I had to go to 408 for inspection. Thankfully it was in good shape. Collie said they were going to replace all the carpet (which I had just shampooed). Sigh.

Then I went back to 648 to clean the fan and wait for the inspection team to come over. I also wiped some windows. Then they arrived, took pics and had me sign the paperwork. I went by Housing to turn in the key and garage opener.

I went home to hydrate, then up the hill to work on the CSM's house. I cleaned the windows on the front of the house, trying to get them done before the sun got to them. I just barely made it because I kept getting texts from the swap shop.

At noon I went home for breakfast. I finished the fruit watermelon. I read some e-mail. I started a tapping sequence and Chris came home. He said the plants needed watering, so I went out to water and he left.

It was 2, so I grabbed the new music book and headed to Saronna's house. We talked a bit, then played from the book. It was called It don't mean a Think if It Ain't Got That Swing. We did ok for sight reading. We tried to play with the CD but it was pretty fast.

She had to pack up early to get her kids from school, so I packed up and went up the hill to clean again. The windows were done so I focused on the kitchen: stove and lower cabinets.

At 5 I went home for supper. The steak was gone so I went for a pickled egg. There were redbeets in there, and I found a jar of mushrooms. Then Chris said it was time to go, so I grabbed a banana and some walnuts.

He drove us to Headquarters for the town hall. He went up front and I sat in the second row, behind the garrison team. I didn't see Michelle come in. Then Shannon sat beside me. The command team was at the front table and told jokes while waiting to go live on Facebook. When it started, there was a page of topics in order. Then, as slides came up, different members got up to explain their information. Questions were invited and asked and answered.

When it broke up, I spoke to a few people. I let Mauvet know I will miss her. I spoke to the chaplain. Karen asked me to text her before band practice next week. Then I waited for Chris to finish up, and he turned out the lights. We ran into a few other people who were just leaving, and walked out to the parking lot. Chris drove us home.

While I worked on my blog, Chris tried on the pants and said they fit better. After blogging, I made tea and we watched an episode of Andromeda. Then he went to bed, and I stayed up reading.

No comments: