Sunday, August 6, 2023

Cleaning and making rugs

Saturday

I got up late. I watered the plants, then went to the company house to start the laundry. I found three sets of sheets and towels in the washer PLUS a full duvet stuffed inside and all of it wet. I put the duvet in the dryer. I looked around for any remaining towels and put that in with the sheets and washed them again.

I went to 603 to clean for 90 minutes. The kitchen wasn't bad so I got all the cabinets done and most of the stove. I went back to the company house to put the sheets in dryer, I pulled out the duvet which was still damp and ripped.

I went home to pull fabrics for class and to cut strips. I started braiding a sample. It was almost one when I made breakfast. I ate while reading e-mail. Then I packed up the fabrics and the usual stuff and threw them in the car. I took it all to the chapel and moved it to the fellowship hall.

There wasn't time to go by the company house to make sure the sheets were dry. So I cut more strips while waiting for people to come. Eventually Jenni and Isadora showed up. They picked their colors and I cut strips for them while they braided. When they had a good braid going, I showed them how to wind it around and sew it down to make a rug. They were both excited about their projects.

At 4 I started packing up. Jenni helped. Then I went to the company house to check the sheets. Some were dry but due to tangles, some were still wet. I spent 25min making the beds and re-drying the sheets. While the towels tumbled, I went home for supper and to clean the bottom of the fridge. Then I went back to the company house to clean the kitchen and bathrooms and give the floors a quick wipe.

I went home and put on my suit. I got my clock and went to the pool. Casey and the kids were there. We chatted a bit. After they left, I swam laps. The lifeguard let me know when it was 7:45 because my clock stopped when I set it down at 6:50. I got out, dried off and went home. I changed clothes. I met Jerry in the front yard and gave him the blanket and coffee filters for the loaner bin.

I decanted what became kefir, and took a shower and put on clean clothes. I texted Chris and Jamie, and wrote my blog post. I looked up some Riven hints. I took some kefir to game night. I gave it to Michelle. She said Casey bought more Myst sequels to keep me busy. Casey helped me play so it was very interesting. The kids wanted to stay up and watch a little. One of the hints I looked up didn't work and I wondered what I missed. But another one did, and that was good. We explored some new territory and ran into things we couldn't solve.

It was after 11 when I saved and shut down the game. I thanked them and went home. I got ready for bed, hoping for a good night's sleep.

No comments: