Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Add another house to our list

Monday

I got up around 7:30. I got ready for the day and went outside to water the plants. I watered a gopher hole and the darn thing popped up pretty quickly. Things did not end well for him/her. After watering, I went cleaning a bit early. Then at 10 I went to Heather's house for the inspection but no one was there. I called Jamie and she called Housing who said it was at 11. I think they changed it. Anyway, Jamie said she could handle it, so I went back to 607 and proceeded to clean the sliding glass window and blinds and the other back window. At noon I went by Housing to turn in Heather's key and went home for breakfast.

I made breakfast and ate it while reading e-mail. I listened to This Week with Mary and Polly. Then I went back to 607 to clean for another two hours. Jamie brought me the contract and key for 603, our next house. She said she'd do the baseboards. I worked on the front window and all the downstairs walls.

At 5:30, I went home for supper. I ate leftover steak and potatoes. Chris came home and made cauliflower steaks in the oven. I picked a small salad and ate it, then had to gather the music and my trombone and head to the chapel.

I arrived a few minutes early. I went inside and unlocked the door for others. I put my stuff up front and played piano for awhile. But no one came. I texted Camille and she said they forgot and were having dinner. I walked down the aisle and realized it was raining! I put the music in the spare office with the fabric, then took the trombone and made a b-line for my car. I jumped in and put up the windows, but the seat was already wet. I went home.

Chris put on the last CD of the book that we have been listening to on Fridays. We sat together while it played. Then when it was over, I moved to my laptop to write my blog post. Then we watched two episodes of Andromeda. He went to bed, but I stayed up to read articles. Just before I went to bed, I took some activated charcoal to settle my stomach. I suspect something in the salad was hard to digest.

No comments: