Friday, August 18, 2023

Oh deer!

Thursday

I woke up to Reveille and waited for Chris to come take his shower, but he didn't, or I fell asleep. I heard the 7:35 alarm and got up. I brushed my teeth and took supplements. I watered the outdoor plants. I picked a bunch of mint that was growing outside the flowerbed.

I went to apt 212 to meet Philip for a quote. The inspectors were there doing the pre-inspection. I stayed a little later to talk. I promised to bring him vinegar and a broom since his packers had taken almost everything else.

From there, I went to 408 to clean. I worked in the kitchen and some in the dining area doors. I got a call from Tiffany C about her final inspection. After two hours of cleaning, I went home for lunch.

It was a little early, but Chris was home. I put on my suit and laid out in the sun for 10-15 minutes. He left and I came in to make breakfast and watch The Highwire. It went for 3 hours. First they interviewed people from Hawaii who said Fema and Red Cross were not helping and to donate to other organizations who are.

Then I texted with Michelle. I found a broom with dustpan and a bottle of vinegar, and took it to Philip at the library. We talked about him leaving his apt key with Melissa when he leaves for the airport.

I went to the gym to walk with Michelle. I asked her if she would visit me in jail. She said yes. I explained that I had no contract for 408 so technically when I go there to clean, it is breaking and entering. And committing a neatness.

We talked until 5 and made plans for tomorrow night. I went to Saronna's house because of a previous text to get prickly pears. But she had sent it yesterday and the pears were gone, or rather, steam-juiced. We talked for a while, then I headed home.

I distributed the bag of dog feces to various gopher holes. I washed my hands, and made a salad with greens and tomatoes. I put a piece of fish on top. I said a prayer and ate while reading e-mail. I talked to Jamie. I sent her a list of things I need her to do. I worked on my blog. I made a to-do list for myself. I read Telegram messages.

Chris came home at 9:30. He'd hit a deer with his gov't vehicle on the way back from a meeting in Tooele and had to fill out a police report. He made himself supper. I heated tea and it was 10 till we sat down to watch one episode of Andromeda. We looked up some of the guest actors. Then he went to bed and I followed.

No comments: