Friday, August 25, 2023

Those are some BRIGHT lights

Thursday I got up at 7:30. I got dressed and checked e-mail while chewing on the wheatgrass I grew. Then I went outside to water the plants. I leveled some gopher mounds, too. I wrote a cleaning contract, and went to Philip's apt at 9. But no one was there. I walked to the adjacent building, but still no one. So I went to 408 to vacuum and shampoo carpets. At 10 I called Housing to ask what time his signover was, but no one answered. I left a message and kept cleaning. At 11 I called again and left a message. I stopped at 11:15 and went to Housing in person. I had to wait, and then she was surprised to hear I had called several times. Turns out the signover is at 1. I went to Self-help to see if Kary was there so I could ask for a few extra minutes. But he wasn't there. Something I swept up in the master bedroom damaged the vacuum and there was little to no suction in the hose. I took the vacuum to the swap shop to use it on the newly uncovered carpet. But I had a hard time finding an outlet that worked. There were some near the ceiling, but I couldn't reach them. When I found one, I swept as far as the vacuum could reach and made a mental note to get an extension cord. As I locked up, I got a call from CSM saying a moving van had arrived next door but had no men to unload it. She wanted me to find people. I offered to put it on Facebook. She accepted, so I went home and posted it, then called Jenni and Michelle. Both offered to go. I made breakfast and started eating it while watching The Highwire. Chris came home for lunch and when I explained about the moving truck, he quickly ate his lunch and went over to find out if this was an army move or not. I went to Philip's apt and we all signed the cleaning contract. He gave me money and promised me a key on Saturday. I went home to finish breakfast. Kary came by with LED lights and a helper. As I watched The Highwire, they replaced all the kitchen lights and the ones in the main hall. Boy, are they bright! Too bright if you ask me. Jenni called to say part of the ceiling in the swap shop fell down and was sopping wet. I send Chris an e-mail about it. After all that was over, I read some e-mail, then went to CSM's house to gather info for a quote. I checked the kitchen and bathrooms. Only the stove might be a problem. She gave me some sweet potatoes and we talked, then I went home. I texted Jamie but she did not respond. Melanie asked for a cashiers check but I told her my bank wasn't local. Then I looked high and low for the debit card that connects to the account, thinking it might be faster than a check. Chris came home from work. He cooked squash and mushrooms for me. I ate it with leftover steak. I also had some fermented cheese. I worked on my blog before I forgot what I did today. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Andromeda. Then he went to bed and I stayed up later to tap and read.

No comments: