Sunday, August 20, 2023

Good game, bad save

Saturday

I got up at 8, got dressed and went outside to water. I went to the company house to start the sheets in the wash. When I got home, I started cutting squares for the sewing project. Chris baked chorizo patties.

At 10 we went to the community brunch at the pavilion. We were surprised that nobody was there. We sat, then I walked to the post office to check the mail. When I got back, I met a new family who got furniture from swap shop. They had food too, so I went home for paper plates and what plastic utensils I could find. When I got back, there were more people. They were eating, so I got a plate of food. I had started eating when Isadora asked to go to the swap shop. She and I walked over there and other kids followed, so I opened it for them. After a bit, Michelle joined us.

Later we went back to the pavilion. I finished my plate. I returned Shannon's container. I went to the company house to put sheets in dryer and towels in washer. On my way back, I stopped at home to get a kite. I brought it to the area by the pavilion and tried to fly it. The kids tried to fly it. I left it with them and I talked to the adults for a bit.

I went home at noon to get ready for the sewing class. I cut a bunch of 5in squares and made a split nine-patch sample. When everything was ready, I sat down to read some e-mail. Chris came home and put my sewing machine in the trunk of my car. I headed to the company house to put the towels in the dryer and the sheets on the beds. Then I went to the chapel to set up for sewing class. I accidentally locked myself out, but then found a door someone left unlocked. I made sure to unlock the other doors so people could attend the class.

I set up in the fellowship hall. Sophia came in so quietly that I didn't notice. She wanted to work on her Raggedy Ann doll whose face had split. Then her 6 yo brother came. I offered him a different project but he wanted to make the split nine-patch. And Moira wanted to make the regular one. So she sewed while I helped him sew. Mostly he stepped on the foot pedal while I guided the fabric. His father worked on mending. Isodora make a quilt square and cut up some denim. Jenni worked on her rug and had me cut more strips for her.

I missed having Tonja to help keep everyone on track. We cleaned up, and started putting things away. Then the storage door locked. So we left the rest in the hall. Isadora brought in the paper products from the brunch and we stored them in the kitchen. Then they helped me load my machine in my trunk.

I went home, had a bite to eat, and rested. I read e-mail, then went back to the house to finish cleaning. I came home, and read a book for 20 minutes or so. Then I put on my bathing suit and went to the pool. I talked to Michelle and Casey while swimming for an hour, then we all dried off and went home.

Chris took off my wet suit and I took a shower and got dressed. I wrote my blog post and went to a second game night. I brought Michelle some cheese that formed in the pantry when I wasn't looking. We agreed that it was telling that fermented cheeses from my pantry are more digestible than what is available in the stores.

I decided to use a previous save point. I re-did last night's stuff to catch up. But the thing I went so far back for, did not work. I wondered if it had to be done in a certain order. Anyway, I was pleased with my progress, but then the game froze as I tried to save it. Grrr. It was 11, so I thanked them and went home. Chris was still up, so we went to bed together.

No comments: