Friday, December 1, 2023

Freezing Fog

Thursday

I got up around 8 and sat in a chair to make a list of all the things I have to do today. Some could be put off till tomorrow, but tomorrow will be better if I got those things done today. Then, I proceeded to do them, putting a number by each one as I went so I would know what the order was.

I brushed and swished, then got dressed and took supplements. I watered the plants and turned the tower garden. I went out to the car and it was covered in ice, so I mixed some alcohol with water and sprayed it on. It wasn't magic, but that made the ice much easier to scrape off. The ice on the trees was magnificent.

When the windshield was clear, I went to the sign-over on Pinyon. I wasn't late but the Housing people were already there. I looked around to see the condition of the walls and baseboards. Jamie came in and did the same. We agreed to give them a $50 discount. So I counted out the $600 and gave her $50 back. We signed all the papers. I dated one with my birthdate and Connie caught it. We all laughed and I changed it to 2023. Collie helped me change the garage code so we could get in that way.

Jamie and I talked outside while the occupants got ready to leave. Then I went home. I sat at my desk and wrote Christmas cards, going through my address book. Sadly most addresses are wrong, or the people have passed away. I posted to Facebook for Math Morning. I went in the garage to find my tabletop tree. I found two. I took a pic and posted it to Facebook to announce the class on Saturday. Then I downloaded a bunch of photos from my phone and grouped them into folders by project.

I left Jenni a message asking if she was opening the swap shop today. She called later to say yes. I made more breakfast mix, then turned on The Highwire and listened while I made breakfast and ate it. After it was over, I shampooed the carpet in the living room. Then I put the gopher in a plastic bag and went over to Michelle's house, stopping at the post office to pick up mail. We talked, then went out back and she cut the head off. We considered skinning it, but decided to boil it. So I went home to get an old pot. While it was boiling, she searched online for a video. And sure enough, Gopher Skull Cleaning 101. He skinned his gopher head, then put it in a baggie and boiled it. We realized that was a good idea when we started smelling the one we were boiling. So she took it outside to cool. Then we put it in a baggie and dumped out the water. We put in fresh water and boiled again, very lightly because the bag was wont to melt.

She called Randy for advice and he advised boiling it outside. But we had nothing to boil it outside with. Eventually I went home. I read some e-mail and Telegram messages, then practiced my trombone. I went through all the music in order, playing each one twice. It went well. Then I heated some beef for supper and made a salad. I worked on my blog.

Just after I finished, I went to Michelle's house for the party. I was the first one there. Then the chaplain arrived, then Jenni, and finally Saronna and her kids. We talked about this and that. There were snacks on the table. I got some grapes and a tiny orange.

Around 8, Jenni made plans to leave. So the chaplain did as well. After they left, we discussed the gopher. I said I'd take him home. Saronna packed up her kids and they walked home. I put on my coat and we talked a bit before I went home.

I put the bagged gopher in an oven bag and I filled the pot with water to simmer. I left him in there. I put 5 pans of water out on the back porch to freeze. I checked Facebook for reactions to the events I posted. I listened to Mike Adams for a bit. He says the singularity has already happened and we need to train open source AI on our terms. Then I listened to James Corbett discuss current events. I checked on the gopher. I decided to put it in a crock pot (still bagged up) on high overnight. I went to bed.

No comments: