Monday, April 15, 2024

200 degrees

Sunday

I got up before 8, having slept just ok. Chris said he was feeling better, but he stayed in bed. I took care of stuff in the kitchen. I listened to a podcast on EMP's. I made more breakfast mix.

I finished printing two hymns for church, then substituted one in a similar key. I took a shower, then made and ate breakfast. I got dressed. I took cheese squares and my trombone to church.

We had three songs before the service. The chaplain talked about Nehimiah. He had people come up and read. Then Sophia came up and played with me. We did two hymns. Afterward, people chatted and went home. The cheese squares were gone. I ate a grapefruit, then read e-mail. I listened to interviews. The family game was canceled because none of John and Michele's computers were working.

I got ready for the sauna. It was 190 degrees when I went in. Michelle joined me and we talked as we drank water and sweated. It was 200 degrees when we got out. We were dripping wet and I toweled off. We chatted as we got dressed. Then I went home and took a shower.

My nightgown had holes in it so I went in my sewing room to patch them. Then I noticed a pair of suit pants and lots of socks on my sewing seat. Sigh. The seat of his pants was ripped and I looked for 'suit'able fabric to mend them. What I found were other pairs of pants that he wanted mended. So I went through them, mending as I went, hoping to find a pair that was unfixable to use as patching.

And then it was supper time. He heated up some steak and rice and mushrooms for me. After eating and texting Michelle about a video that got posted, I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched a double episode of WTR. No wonder it seemed so long. But at least we didn't have to sit through the opening credits twice. Then we made the bed together.

Chris went to bed while I stayed up to read about the history of Israel and Hamas. Then I went to bed.

No comments: