Monday, April 8, 2024

7.7.7.7

Sunday

I got up after 8. I took the probiotic, then read e-mail for awhile before taking the morning supplements. I read articles on the benefits of hypocapnia, and the dangers of overbreathing.

I pumped out a quart of water from the new (to me) 5 gallon water jug. It took 93 pumps. Michelle sent me pics of water containers on Amazon and I said it was the pump that was the problem. I looked at pumps online. I jotted notes for my blog.

I made and ate breakfast. I got dressed for chapel. I took the cut-up jicama and avocado dip. As I was walking into the chapel, a guy asked if I take requests. I said yes. He wanted the song that ended with Glo-o-o-ria. I told him it was a Christmas song. I made a mental note to see if any other hymn had the same tune.

Inside, I put my food in the fridge. I assembled my trombone and warmed up with scales. The service started with 3 praise songs. I only knew one, sort of. The chaplain preached from Nehemiah. Then Sophia came up with her drum and we played two hymns.

The service ended and the congregation eventually ended up in the fellowship hall for a potluck. We had good conversation around the table. Then one by one, people took the leftovers and went home.

I checked the hymnal for hymns with the same meter 7.7.7.7, but none had the same tune as Angels We have heard on high. I went home, changed clothes, and read. I walked with Michelle around my neighborhood and picked up trash. We saw a dust devil flinging tumbleweed into the sky. It was pretty impressive. Michelle took a video and some pics. I found a dog flag.

Chris texted that the game was about to start. Michelle went home, I came in and sat down for the game with my updated game sheet. I have a new feat but I don't understand it. I took a pic of the dog flag and posted it to see who it belongs to. I pieced puzzles while the other gamers signed on and chatted – for an hour. Then finally we started the game: We went to court to argue on the beast's behalf. Then we questioned someone who was blinded in the fire. Finally we headed to the premises to search for clues.

After the game, I read jokes that Facebook kept showing me. I heated beef tongue while Chris warmed up the TV. We watched two episodes of WTR. I don't remember it being so violent – and those are the good guys! Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up to post to my blog.

No comments: