Monday, April 1, 2024

Easter

Sunday

I got up around 8. I took the probiotic. I got out my Easter dress and ironed it. I tried to get a spot out, but it wouldn't go away. I got out the matching hat and blew off any dust. I read some e-mail, then took the morning supplements.

Chris gave me a massage. I took a shower and then he took his. I watered all the plants. We talked about what new feat I should choose for my character. I made and ate breakfast. I got dressed for church.

I took my trombone, cheese squares, and a box of baking soda to the chapel. I talked to the chaplain, then put the box in the janitor's closet because it smelled so badly. The faucet was dripping but I could not turn it off.

The colonel came with his wife. Jenni was handing out hats. I realized my music was at home, so I ran home to get it. I passed Michelle on her way in. When I got back, I gave some to Keli and sat the rest on the music stand. Then I sat with Chris and the chaplain started the service with three praise songs.

He gave a long Easter message. Then he invited us to play: Saronna, Sophia, Keli and me. We played three hymns, almost too much for my lips. Then he ended the service. Michelle announced snacks in the back. She had brought the meringue cookies and a loaf of sweet bread. Jenni had brought chocolate oatmeal cookies. I thanked the ladies for playing. I tried some of the meringue cookies. Most people left. We hat ladies had our picture taken. Then Jenni said she had a plant for me. She went out to get it and I went to my purse to get the shiny bathbombs I had bought. I gave her one and she gave me a lily! I gave one to the chaplain for his wife. I gave one to Saronna and to Michelle.

Chris went straight home, but I stopped at the swap shop to open it as requested. But no one was there, so I left it unlocked and went home. I had a Facebook message asking about it and I told her it was unlocked. I gave Chris the last bath bomb for the colonel's wife. I changed my clothes. I cut up a plastic lid to make an 'arm' to replace a broken one in my trombone case. It really should have been wood, but I didn't feel like getting out wood cutting tools.

Chris roasted cauliflower in the oven for supper. We had leftover beef as well. I read e-mail for quite some time. I put on some sleepy music to audition for tonight. I worked on my blog. I posted to Facebook for band tomorrow night. I made tea and we watched two episodes of WTR. Later Chris went to bed, and I stayed up to find some soothing music to listen to. I played a podcast in the background. It didn't put me to sleep so when the podcast ended, I went to bed.

No comments: