Saturday, April 27, 2024

The Internet lied to me!

Thursday

I got up around 8, having slept pretty well. I put the egg boxes and money in a bag and hung it on the front door. I brushed and swished. I took supplements. I meted out pebbles for the third row of the blanket while listening to more of a podcast from last night. I did a 4th and 5th row, too. About 15 minutes per row. A few more rows and it got more difficult to handle.

A lady called me to submit an order for an offer that expired. She didn't call from the number that I was given, but she knew the number, so I trusted her. And she knew the details of my order. She told me what it would be after the discount. So I gave her my cc number and she charged it.

At 10 I got dressed and went to the Community Club. My car seat was wet. I went upstairs and waited with Anka while the chaplain got the movie loaded. A few more ladies came and then he started the movie. It was called One Night with the King. I watched as the Amalakite queen escaped and somewhere, gave birth to a son, creating the line of Haman. Then, much later, the story of Esther being gathered up with other young women to the palace and the king making his choice.

At that point, it was 11:15. I slipped out and drove to the apartments. Jerry let me in and we talked. I offered him boxes so he could finish packing. Then the Housing people arrived. They verified that all the appliances were there. Then he paid me and we signed the cleaning contract. The ladies took pics of it and had other papers for him to sign. Then I put the key in the lockbox and set it on his door. He met me at the swap shop and I let him in so he could get boxes. Then I locked up. I gave him the code to the lock box and went home.

I made and ate breakfast while watching The Highwire. I also worked on the weighted blanket. I was half finished with the last row when the power went out. I tried running the handwheel, but that got tiresome. So I left it and went back to listen to more of an interview until the buffer ran out. Then the power came back on. I finished the weighted blanket and remarked that it was like carrying a sack of potatoes.

The internet did not come back on. I read other things until they also ran out. I jotted notes for my blog. Chris asked me to attend the closing ceremony for the Month of the Military Child. So I put on shoes and went over to the ACS building. Chris was busy talking so I went inside. Not many people were there. I spoke to each one then went into the library. Keli was there and we talked for some time. I heard Chris give the opening speech in the other room, then he came in the library to get the next season of WTR. That was good because I had forgotten all about it. He went back to the festivities.

After talking to Keli about the owls in the tree above her RV (she's so excited), I went to the main room. It was full of parents and kids. I saw Casey sitting in the back, so I moved in that direction. I passed the colonel and his family, but they did not respond. I sat and talked to Casey. Then Saronna came over. It was hard to hear over the din. Chris left to pick up a pizza. I thought he was coming back, but he didn't.

It was after 6 and the crew was cleaning up. So I went home. I heated leftovers and made a salad. Casey came to pick up Chris for Knife Night. I wrestled with the old desktop to get it in running condition again. Then I scanned some hymns and printed them out as big as would fit on the page. Chris came back while I was deleting all the black from the right edge.

I worked on my blog and made tea. We watched two episodes of WTR. Chris went to bed. I read for a little longer, then took my weighted blanket to bed. It was too light so I folded it in half. That was better.

Make a weighted blanket, they said.

It'll be fun, they said.

Learn from our mistakes and it'll be quick and easy, they said.

HAH! What do they know? They have rocks in their head.

No comments: