Monday, April 8, 2024

She learns to crochet

Saturday

I got up at 8. I took the probiotic, then worked on the visor. I took out the elastic and put in velcro. Seemed like an easier option. I worked on yesterdays blog post. I watered the plants. I changed the water in the carrot and celery forest. I made up enough breakfast mix to last till next Saturday.

Chris gave me a massage. I took a shower and then he took his. I went to Kacie's house and spent an hour cleaning cupboards. I went home to make and eat breakfast. I read e-mail and Telegram messages, then got ready for class.

I arrived just before two. I set up a sewing machine. Isadora came with her father. She brought her dress and a sewing machine. I helped her with the dress between sewing sets of stack-n-whack hexagons.

We quit at 4. I invited her back for Project Night. I went home for a bit, then back to the house to clean. I only intended to clean for 1:30, but it was so deliciously dirty, that I couldn't stop. I finally tore myself away around 6:30.

I went home for supper. Chris had cooked beef tongue. I made a salad and ate it. I took the tongue with me to Project Night. I gave Isadora a taste. She loved it. Her father came. She wanted to learn to crochet. She watched chain-stitching on Youtube, but her hook was small and she was using embroidery floss, so there was no room to insert the double crochets. We pulled it out and found real yarn. I showed her how to DC, several times. She was so thrilled! In between, I worked on stack-n-whack hexagons. Casey built a sonar detector. Finally at 8:30 we packed up and went home.

I posted to my blog and made tea. We watched only one episode of WTR. We dressed the bed with clean sheets. Chris checked e-mail one last time, then went to bed. I stayed up to listen to a sleep hypnosis video. I am not sure how close to sleep I got before I went to bed.

No comments: