Sunday, April 14, 2024

The oil is changed

Saturday

I got up after 8:30, having lain in bed awake for some time. Chris was back from his early morning game. I took the probiotic and turned on my phone. Jamie was asking if she could come get her money. I said yes, then quickly started to count it out. She came before I finished, and waited. I couldn't find one of the envelops so I didn't have it all. I just paid her for the apartment. After she left, I wrote it down, then found the envelop that was missing.

Then I jotted notes for my blog. I wrote a grocery list to see if we needed to go to Tooele, but Chris said he will be gone next weekend so I need to get enough for two weeks. I took a few things to the swap shop.

When I got back, Chris was taking his shower. However, before he finished, Casey came over to change the oil in my car. While he drained the oil, he changed the air filter. He was going to change the cabin filter too, but that turned out to be quite involved. We put down an old tarp before putting the old oil in the container that the new oil came from. But still, some oil got on the driveway.

After Casey left, we went to Tooele for groceries. We shopped at the usual places. I was able to talk to Melanie and Dale. Then we went back to the base and got more groceries from the commissary. Finally we went home and put them all away.

I made and ate breakfast, then read e-mail. I looked up cooling blankets to see what they were made of. Then at 4, I went to Keli's house. She told me what all she wanted cleaned. Then I cleaned her bathroom, bedroom, kitchen and livingroom. RV's are small, but with so many surfaces to wipe. She paid me $50. I went to the post office on my way home. I picked up a Nuts,com box and some envelopes.

Chris had made bacon so I could make cheese squares. He also threw in a sweet potato. I heated up some steak and ate part of the sweet potato. I looked at the cooling blankets online and decided to buy a cheap one and turn it into a weighted blanket. I jotted notes for my blog. Chris said he wasn't feeling well and he went to bed. Later he asked me for more blankets because he couldn't stop shivering. I also brought him a heating pad.

I made cheese squares, then took the 5 gallon jug to the shoppette to refill. They have a machine that dispenses filtered and remineralized water for 50 cents a gallon. Michelle met me there and she carried the filled jug to my car, then followed me home so she could bring it in my house and set it up with the hand pump.

I gave her an empty milk jug. She washed the soap out of it and took it home to mix up an iron amendment. I took the cheese squares out of the oven and ate the crusts. I met her at the gym and we poured nitrogen and iron on the lawn in the shape of a B. That is supposed to green up the grass overnight. We'll see.

I went home. I checked on Chris. He asked me to turn the heating pad down. I read e-mail. I put the cheese squares in a container to go in the fridge. I listened a podcast on excess adrenaline, and then to some relaxing music.

Chris had suggested that I sleep in the guest room, so I cleared the bed. But then I remembered finding an RF field over the head of the bed, probably from the device behind the wall that transmits our power usage. I performed my nightly routine and slipped into our bed, well over on my side in case he has something communicable.

No comments: