Saturday, April 13, 2024

Working in the garden

Friday

I got up after 8. I washed up and got dressed. I took supplements and brushed my teeth. I worked on copying songs from the hymnal. I took some paper and went to open the chapel at 9 for Math Morning. I settled in the fellowship hall. Casey was the first to show up. He brought Cedrick. Then Sophia came in. As we started on her papers, her family came in. They each had something to work on. We finished Sophia's papers, then worked on multiplication tables until 10am.

They packed up and left. I locked the doors and went home. I parsed out a week's worth of supplements. I watered the plants. I made and ate breakfast. Michelle and Casey came by to look at the oil in my car. They said it needs changing. They left and I went back inside.

I finished breakfast. I poured bleach into the baggie with the gopher head. Then, just in case I got bleach on me, I took off my clothes and plunged them into a bowl of water. I redressed. I looked at weighted blanket videos.

I put on sturdy shoes. I threw a rake in the car and went to the garden. I had to fight my way through tumbleweeds to get to my plot. Jamie had dumped the leaves just over the fence. So I tried to rake them into the garden bed and spread them out. But it was wet and too tough for a leaf rake.

I heard my phone ring in the car. I made my way back to the car to see who called. It was Michelle telling me that she passed Chris on his way home. So I went home to make sure everything was in place. I covered up the gopher head.

Then I took the pitchfork and garden rake and went back to the garden. It was still a lot of work. But I spread the leaves out, sort of, and laid a tarp over them and weighed it down. I forked a bunch of tumbleweed over the fence. The wind blew some of them back in my face. I hate the prickly sticker things.

I went home to greet Chris, and have something to eat and drink. Then I went to the house to get more of my cleaning stuff out of the garage. I forked those tumbleweeds over the fence too, but some of them came back. Underneath the pile of tumbleweeds I found dog poop. So I cleaned that up. I also swept out the garage, or tried to. The wind blew it back in as fast as I swept it out.

I went to the new house we just signed for. I dropped off all my cleaning supplies. Then I went home to offload the garden stuff. I put the cleaning cloths and mop heads in the wash. I hung up my rinsed clothes. I jotted notes for my blog and posted for yesterday. Chris made flank steak and I ate that, plus the rest of the lettuce. I looked up hints for game night and discovered that I will have to play Spire all over again to get the info I need to solve the next puzzle. Grrr!

At 8:30 I went to Michelle's house. Casey put the game on and I gave them the dog nail groomer. I paid Michelle for what they spent on oil and filters. In the game, I finished lowering the water in the pond so I could get through the wooden door. Then I was confronted with the puzzle that needed the clue from Spire, which gets changed any time you reset or load a previous game. So its not something I can look up. I linked back and went to Spire. Michelle helped me look up the answers I had previous gotten for Spire since I had deleted all my clues.

I left around 11, having gotten to the spider chair and needing to set the crystals vibrating. I went home and did my bedtime routine before snuggling in for sleep.

No comments: